Everything you know if you’re from Eastern Washington

No, it’s not DC and it’s nothing like Seattle

When you say you’re from Washington, no one really knows what that’s like. Some say, “I watch Grey’s Anatomy!”, “Isn’t that where Twilight happened?” or “There’s that one tower there!”

No, that’s not Washington, that’s Seattle you’re thinking of. Seattle is fine and all but there’s so much more to our beautiful state.

Here’s a list of everything you know if you’re from the “not Seattle” Washington:

You don’t have to deal with the dreary grey Seattle weather

Life's a climb, but the view is great ☀️ #pnw #ancientlakes

A photo posted by Sariah Aronsohn (@sariaharonsohn) on Aug 24, 2016 at 6:38pm PDT

When you say you’re from Washington, people assume that the weather is the same all over. Grey, rainy, depressing. In Eastern Washington you get a full four seasons. Hot, dry summers, beautiful fall, snowy winters, and flowery spring. Seattlites who never venture west on I-90 have no idea what they’re missing.

You’re outdoorsy without being a hippie

When you have so much to do outdoors, you don’t have to be a tree hugger to enjoy it.

The Gorge is the best concert venue on the planet

Ready to go back tomorrow. ????☀️????? @the_gorge_amphitheatre @uscevents #USCevents #thegorgeamphitheatre #home #beautiful #Magnifique #PNWravers #tomorrow #TBT #paradiso #paradiso2016 #paradisofestival #WAstate #bestvenueintheworld #bestvenue #1moreday

A photo posted by ??❤ Michelle ❤?? (@seattletrancefairy) on Sep 15, 2016 at 7:53am PDT

It’s beautiful, the acoustics are incredible and you look forward to Paradiso all year.

The Columbia River is the best place for boating

Stoke was through the roof this weekend!

A photo posted by Talon Sorensen (@talonsorensen) on Oct 9, 2016 at 3:50pm PDT

So many different boat launches, islands and sand dunes, there’s always an adventure to be had. And if you launch from Vantage while there’s a concert going, you can enjoy the performance from the comfort of the water.

You’re a cougars fan, Crimson and Gray all the way

Martin Stadium is LOUD tonight! ?? #WSU #GoCougs #Sellout

A photo posted by Washington State University (@wsupullman) on Oct 1, 2016 at 7:32pm PDT

There is no way you’d be caught dead wearing purple and gold.

You have a Trump-loving uncle but you decided to avoid politics with family long ago

Go America!!! Hillary must loose!! ———————————————- #GoTrump #TrumpSign #SupportTrump #ProudAmerican #DonaldTrump #TrumpForPresident #America #Trump2016 #Debate #PresidentalDebate #TeamTrump

A photo posted by ?Trump 2016 ? (@tara.and.gary.for.trump) on Oct 14, 2016 at 9:54am PDT

You just pretend to not notice the sign in the front yard.

You spent your teens and 20s finding the best bridges and cliffs to jump off

Cooper River #coopershole #salmonlasac

A photo posted by Sharon (@shar_4) on Aug 21, 2016 at 5:18pm PDT

All you needed was your car, some friends and a few beers.

You have at least one family member who says “Warrr-shington”

You don’t mind. It doesn’t make sense but it’s super cute.

You spent tons of family vacations at Lake Chelan

Throwing it back to that week in Lake Chelan! Could use some sun and water again! Can't wait to go back next year! #lakechelan #chelan #water #vacay #relaxing

A photo posted by Elyse (@mrs_cork) on Oct 20, 2016 at 7:58am PDT

One of Washington State’s best kept secrets. Boating, tans, drinks, and one of the most beautiful lakes in the West, what more could you want?

Snoqualmie sucks, it’s all about Crystal and Stevens

Above the sea of clouds. ? @skiyasoon

A photo posted by Crystal Mountain Resort (@crystalmountain) on Apr 11, 2016 at 11:57am PDT

Smooth, fast n' fun in the sun today! #corduroy #stevenspass #pedaltothemetal

A photo posted by stevenspass (@stevenspass) on Feb 24, 2016 at 2:54pm PST

Snoqualmie is for noobs.

Columbia Valley Wineries

Kiona, Chateau St Michel, 14 Hands, and so many more. Washington wines all the way.

It’s nothing like big city life, and you’d never want it to be

When you’re from Eastern Washington, you take that spark of adventure and love for the outdoors with you. It’s something that makes you who you are and you wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Cover photo image credit to Kevin Brost.

@royaventurera 

Columbia University