Midterms fashion: How to embrace your inner slob

Comfort is key

When it’s midterm season, New York style rules don’t apply to us Columbians. Morningside Heights is our own little island and comfort is key.

img_0240

img_0249

If you have ever had the thought ‘When are Uggs appropriate?’ the answer would be NOW. Feel like you’re walking on clouds as you pace repeatedly up and down trying to figure out how much sleep you could get before the exam if you went to bed in precisely twenty-three minutes.

img_0260

Keep your notes colourful but when it comes to outfits stick to the same colour palette so you don’t have problems co-ordinating.

img_0291

img_0296

In these times of need a hat is your best friend. Hair is not your priority now, keep it out of the way and off your mind while you hit the stacks.

img_2466

img_2467

img_0257

Anything jersey material is your best friend. You can be comfy to settle into contorted positions in the same chair you’ve been sitting in for two days straight. This also keeps you ready to snap into some yoga poses to stretch out the knots in your back.

Birks and socks are always a thing.

img_2463

img_2465

Multi-purpose scarves will be your saviour for those cold walks to the closest coffee shop. It will be your blanket when you fall asleep on your desk at the library and cover up your tired eyes in the guise of New York anonymity.

These are just a few ways we like to style out midterm week, can’t wait to see what the rest of you have in store for us!

Columbia University