Clemson is the best school in South Carolina, the US and probably the world

Orange and purple forever

People will always tell you they go to the best school in the country. And while that might be true for one aspect, maybe academics or social life, Clemson on the other hand has the best of both worlds.

This is why Clemson University is hands down the best school in the USA.

It’s all about the location

Clemson, South Carolina. Not many people have been to this part of the state. They don’t know what’s hiding in these hills. Clemson is one of those places we like to call “perfect” because of its location. How many other schools can say they’re a 30-minute drive from three different lakes? Not to mention the school is built on one.

And if you’re not a lake person, it’s an easy three-hour drive to Charleston, one of the most historic coastal cities in the US. Forgetting the water, let’s say you want to go hike. Well, you’re in luck because the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains are right at our back door.

Some people might say: “You have all that outdoor stuff, but what about a city scene?” I will admit Clemson is not the biggest city, but if you’re wanting to go shop or eat a fancy dinner, Charlotte and Atlanta are easily within reach. From the coast to the mountains and everything in between, Clemson offers the best of everything.

Who said we aren’t smart?

Clemson is a well known public school not just because of the stunning views, but because of the academics. In 2015, Clemson was ranked the 21st public university in the US. Along with that, over 50% of the incoming freshman class was in the top 10% of their class.

The school offers over 80 undergraduate majors and almost 120 postgraduate majors. If you want to be involved on campus with academics outside of your normal class, that’s easy with the Creative Inquiry. This allows you to do research in the field with a professor where you get credit for a class, but also get the much needed experience employers look for when hiring.

The last thing is the student Return on Investment. Clemson ranks #7 in student ROI. The academics at Clemson are what we focus on the most, but there is still a lot of time to have fun.

What you really want to hear about (the parties)

Parties. Yea, we have those too. We have a lot of those. Clemson parties are second to no other school. We might not throw down every night of the week, but when we do, you will never forget it…or will you?

Fraternity parties are sometimes exclusive, but if you’re in one or make friends with some of the guys, you won’t regret going to their parties. From DJs to live bands, Clemson fraternity parties know how to do it right.

Don’t worry if you don’t know anyone in a fraternity – house parties are just as much fun. Walk through Chimney Ridge on any Friday night and you’ll see at least 15 parties. Don’t be afraid to just walk up. As long as you aren’t destroying the couch or pouring your beer out everywhere, you will be welcome at most of them.

The guys and girls are easy on the eyes

It comes up in conversation all the time – you won’t see an unattractive person at Clemson. If you’re at Fike or Cooper, we all know what you’re really doing. People-watching is something that comes naturally at Clemson, because it’s hard not to recognize and appreciate the beauty at the school. You always have that girl or guy in your class you deem your “eye candy.”

Let’s talk about Y-Beach. It’s a local beach on the lake where girls go to get tan and guys go to see the girls get tan. Not much more needs to be said. Trust me, there aren’t many places you’ll go where you won’t see a beautiful person.

Division 1 sports

Football, baseball, soccer and basketball. There is a different sport to watch in each season. For starters, our basketball team beat Duke, Miami and Syracuse this year, which are all teams that made it to the NCAA tournament.

Soccer has made runs in the NCAA tournament the past two years and won the ACC in 2014, so not much else needs to be said. Baseball is currently ranked #12 and for anyone who is counting, we beat South Carolina in the series two games to one.

Lastly, Clemson Football. I am tempted to leave it at that because there is too much to say. When you make it to the National Championship and have 80% of your team returning, the odds are in your favor. Let’s be real, Dabo is the face of the university and we all love it.

Clemson University