‘Where the hell are we?’: Trump holds rally at livestock facility near Clemson

We don’t usually see some of the richest people in the country

A few days ago, Donald Trump graced us with his presence at a free rally just off of Clemson’s campus. It was being held in the T. Ed Garrison Arena in Pendleton, and with its dirt floors and green tractors parked in the far back of the hall, the multipurpose livestock facility was clearly not what Trump was expecting.

As soon as he took the stage, he thanked everyone for facing the cold to be with him. The he asked: “Where the hell are we, anyway?”

Once Trump laughed off the location, he immediately began to praise his New Hampshire supporters for such a warm welcome. He thanked them for supporting him in the primary just a few days before.

Trump commented on the fact he had only spent $9 million campaigning in New Hampshire, while Jeb Bush spent over $30 million and wasn’t even a main contender in the NH primary. He noted his campaign is completely self-funded, mainly because he’s the only candidate who can afford to run a campaign by himself.

He then went on to talk about immigration, addressing “rumors” from the President of Mexico. Enrique Nieto has said Mexico won’t help fund Trump’s idea of building a giant wall along the border to the U.S.

To this Trump said: “So, I told him the wall just got ten feet higher.”

Let’s just hope Trump pays for the wall himself instead of taking money from our country that could be spent on something like education.

He made a point to say he was the first candidate to bring up immigration, suggesting the other candidates have been too scared to talk about it. It must have slipped his mind that immigration has been one of the biggest topics in the politics for the last ten years – almost every politician does have a stance on it. Oh well.

He moved into talking about big manufacturing companies heading overseas and leaving the U.S. They’re going to countries where they don’t have to pay high taxes and labor is cheap.

“We’re not gonna have it, folks!” called out Trump.

Trump mentioned Ford is about to break ground on a new plant in Mexico. This way, the company will save a lot of money in labor. But Trump said he’ll put a stop to that.

“You’re not going there with a $2.5 billion dollar plant, and if you do, I’m gonna charge you 35% tax every time you sell a car in the United States.”

But Trump made it clear it wasn’t all about the money. He said: “I don’t want your money, I want your vote”.

His main goals are to protect the Second Amendment, bring big business back home by cutting taxes, do away with Common Core education, get rid of ObamaCare and build a wall between Mexico and the United States.

In his words, he wants to “make America great again.”

Clemson University national-us