Meet the Clemson sophomore who asked Nick Jonas to formal

‘It all started in 6th grade’

In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, we’d like to introduce Meghan – the beautiful, blonde 20-year-old Business major from Coldwater Michigan, whose dream is to meet Nick Jonas. With the help of her friends, Meghan even made a video asking Nick to her sorority formal.

While she has yet to hear from him, her hopes remain high despite being in competition with half of the country. The Tab Clemson asked Meghan about her obsession with the Jo Bro.

Where did you get the idea for your video?

It all started in the 6th grade around the high point of the Jonas Brothers’ popularity. I was obsessed with the Jonas Brothers and had posters all over my room, so my friends and I each picked our favorite and I’ve stuck with it all these years. I’ve been to four of his concerts but have yet to meet him, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity for it.

So, why Nick?

Oh geez, he’s just got such an amazing voice and he’s been my favorite forever. Plus he’s obviously super attractive and a great guy, too.

What do you look for in a formal date?

I mean it helps if his name is Nick…but just that he’s polite. Someone cute. Someone who can sing. And dance. Basically someone with a nice bod who can take great pictures. So Nick.

How did you go about making the video?

Well, I had a lot of help from my friends. I wanted to make something unique that would catch attention, so I had to be creative. They helped a lot with writing the lyrics and editing the video.

Didn’t find out until later after we made it that there’s another video out there of a girl singing and playing her guitar asking Nick to her prom. She’s really good too, but was like singing about signing a form from her principal or something and that was just strange.

Aside from the video, if you could say anything to Nick right now, what would it be?

Text me (winks).

What would the perfect Formal night with Nick look like?

Well, for starters, I would have gotten a really pretty, expensive dress and then Nick would come pick me up from my room on the hall. Then we would have gone to take pictures where I would proceed to make money by charging other people to take pictures with him – apparently that’s illegal though.

At formal, we would have danced the whole night away and after we got back, we’d go downtown and get Little Caesars. Because obviously he would like it.

Have you heard anything from Nick about the video?

Um, not the real Nick. I got a phone call from someone who said he was his manager and that Nick wanted to set up a time to meet me, and was going to FaceTime me that weekend after he got back from Sundance. I waited for it through different time zones. Nothing. So if the real Nick Jonas’s manager wants to talk, that would be great.

Who did you end up taking to Formal?

Mitch, who is Nick Jonas in Clemson freshman form. I creepily thought he looked like Nick the first time I met him and so obviously I latched on. First mission, complete.

Clemson University