Updated: Man shot on Boston Common, sustains life-threatening injury

One suspect ran into a T station nearby

Shots were fired near the bandstand in Boston Common last night, leaving a 19-year-old man from Hyde Park in critical condition.

Boston Police Commissioner Bill Evans said last night the shooting was not random and the victim and suspects all knew each other. By the time the press conference started, the police had three suspects in custody.

Emerson students were sent alerts soon after the incident took place. According to the alerts, there were four to 10 gun shots. One of the suspects fled into the nearby Arlington T station, and first-responders flooded the area.

"I walked by there with a friend a by the time we reached the Public Garden we heard shots," said one BU senior*. "We didn't think anything of it, but then when we tried to catch the T, everyone was evacuating the tunnel and police ran down. Lots of cop cars, and trains were down for probably 15 minutes."

If anyone has any information relating to the events of last night, the Boston Police Department is requesting you call 800-494-TIPS or text 'TIP' to CRIME (27463).

*The editors at The Tab BU agreed to not include the name of said person due to privacy reasons. The editors know the source is reliable.

BU