BU class of 2016 graduate struck and killed by car

She was walking on a sidewalk in Mission Hill when a car lost control in the snow

Jessica Cosman, a recent Boston University graduate, was killed Saturday night when a car slid on a snow-covered road in Mission Hill.

The driver, a 20-year-old whose name has not been released by police, lost control of his car and hit Cosman on the sidewalk near Hillside and Sunset Streets in Mission Park.

Police are still investigating the crash. In a statement to the Boston Globe, what happened looks to be an accident. The driver stayed at the scene and is cooperating with police.

Cosman graduated from BU in 2016 with a degree in biochemistry and molecular biology. The 22-year-old started working as a research associate at Relay Therapeutics in Cambridge.

Relay Therapeutics said in a statement that Cosman was “a talented and dedicated young colleague with a bright future ahead of her,” and added “she was an integral part of the Relay Therapeutics team.”

The company was “stunned and devastated by her loss,” and their “thoughts are with Jessica’s family and friends at this difficult time.”

Winifred Paige Kennedy, a classmate of Cosman’s at Grafton Memorial High School, said on a Facebook that she remembered Cosman fondly, even though they had not seen each other in some time.

“I will never forget the contagious smile on your face and the way you always made a room feel warmer,” said Kennedy on Sunday. “Heaven gained an angel last night, far too soon.”

Photos are from Jessica Cosman’s Facebook.

BU