What happened at the BU Central watch party of the final presidential debate

Didn’t go? You missed out

BU Central decorated in life-sized cut outs of Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton is truly a sight to be seen.

The original set-up of the room, which can fit somewhere around 50 students, was adjusted as more and more people poured in. Throughout the course of the debate, over 150 students stuffed into BU Central. Many were forced to stand as there were not enough chairs to accommodate the large crowd.

A chalkboard where students wrote down their thoughts on the election

The second Trump opened his mouth, students chuckled, giggled, and muttered swears. Each interjection filled the room with laughter, and each insult caused the same reaction.

When Clinton responded to Trump’s comment on abortion with, “well, that doesn’t happen,” the room erupted with laughter and students could not quiet down.

Trump’s statement, “we have some bad hombres here,” made some students jump. These words caused by far one of the most visible reactions of the night.

As Trump continued to say, “Putin is not [his] best friend,” there was more laughter and one student was heard repeating the statement, “I don’t know him. I don’t know him.”

As the debate continued, and the candidates grew more impatient towards each other, and the room took a similar route. Students were no longer attentively watching the screen and quietly sitting in rows, but rather chatting and staring at their phones.

The crowd left as soon as the debate ended; within five minutes, the only students in the room were the event organizers and workers.

On Election Day, another event will be held be held at BU Central, except it will be bigger and better.

BU