Don’t knock Danielsen so fast–it’s a Terrier’s paradise

It’s really not that far away

So you didn’t get into Stuvi, but don’t worry. There’s still hope, and its name is Danielsen Hall. Danielsen is an underrated residence that has plenty to offer, so if you like living in style, meeting new people, good food, and partying, then this is the place for you.

Unbelievable Views

For starters, Danielson has views as gorgeous as Stuvi for a fraction of the cost. As I write this piece from my room, I’m looking out my huge bay windows overlooking the Charles. This means I get to see every perfect Boston sunrise and sunset.

It’s in Back Bay

By living in Danielson you get to live in the beautiful Back Bay (where rent can be as much as $2-4k a month) for the same price as living in boring Warren. Back Bay is one of the most-envied residential areas in Boston. Nestled between the gorgeous, historic brownstones, Danielsen is the perfect home away from home.

“It’s closer than you think!”

Despite people’s assumptions about the building, it really isn’t that far from campus. The BU Bus stops right outside the door, plus Hynes and Kenmore are just a short walk away, which makes getting to class easy. “I’m honestly never in my room anyways,” says Sophomore Bejeana Breneville.

It’s super close to Newbury Street

An added bonus is that Newbury Street is only a couple blocks away, which means we have easy access to popular destinations like Urban Outfitters, Brandy Melville, and Forever 21.

“Newbury street is a nice street to go shopping,” said Senior Larissa Sailer. “Plus it’s nice that it’s so close [to Danielsen].”

There’s a brand new kitchen

Danielsen is a great transition from freshman housing to apartment living since there’s a kitchen in the basement. Breneville agrees, saying, “Having the kitchen gives Danielsen this fusion of dorm/apartment style life.”

It’s so fun cooking a meal and then sharing with whoever walks in. “I use the kitchen sometimes during the weekends to cook dinner for the days I work late,” says Breneville. “A lot of friend groups cook together there too- it’s pretty cute to see”

But don’t worry if you can’t even make toast, Marciano Commons is only a couple blocks away.

It has an awesome Common Room

It’s newly furnished with a ping pong table, couches, and HD TVs. You can even play billiards across the street.

“Having the couches and TVs gives it a more relaxed feel,” Breneville added. “I can go down there to cook, do homework, or chill with friends and watch TV.”

It’s not just for international students and transfers

Danielsen has a reputation for being where BU sticks these students, leaving them secluded from the rest of campus. However, I’ve run into many familiar faces around here, and it has a great mix of people.

Spacious Bedrooms

Like the people here, every room is different. There are singles, doubles, and triples. Some have walk in closets while others have private bathrooms.

It’s on one of MIT’s Frat Rows

Phi Kappa, Theta Chi, Sig Ep, Delta Lambda. It all sounds like nonsense now, but these fine gents are ready to party like it’s 1999.

While most responses to the phrase, “I live in Danielsen,” are, “Where’s that?” or “I’m so sorry,” I truly love it. So come join us at the other end of BU.

BU