Boston’s new campus Craigslist

It’s the easiest way to get rid of your junk

I’m getting ready to graduate and I’ve never felt more like a peasant. I have never wanted money more in my life—I mean, obviously I always want money (sugar daddies, call me please), but after I graduate I need to be fiscally stable and I’ll pretty much be on my own.

I’ve been working all summer and even then I’ve found myself eating Goldfish crackers and drinking Three Buck Chuck in bed not because both are delicious, but because I spent so much money during the week that I need to ration my pennies for the following week. This is why I’m excited about the new app for college kids that allows them to buy, sell, and trade their stuff easily.

The founder, Hugo Finkelstein

Babson senior Hugo Finkelstein, like many of us who decide to move off campus, went through the struggle of furnishing his apartment.  He created a new app, Olé, for the wise, the lazy, and the peasants (like me). One of the benefits of the app is to avoid awkward interactions with random people that you’d find on Craigslist for instance.

I’ve used other apps before like Poshmark and Tradesy that focus on helping people buy and sell their things, but these apps have many restrictions—primarily that everything you sell must be a high-end brand item. Moreover, these apps predominantly target women who are in the market for the goods. Olé keeps it real and simple.

If you’re selling, you just post your listing and wait for the offers to come in. If you’re buying, you can filter and browse the goods or services you’re looking for and send the seller your offer. Done. Olé also has no listing fees and takes no commission unlike the aforementioned apps. This is golden, especially if you’re selling something already pretty cheap.

Simply upload your item or service

You can also post what you’re looking for in the app so you don’t have to sit around waiting for someone to read your mind. The super cool thing about the app is that students can not only buy, trade, and sell goods, but they can also do the same with services too. This means you can find that finance tutor last minute or even have someone clean your room before your family shows up for Parent’s Weekend. The list of luxuries goes on—just let the app community know what you need.

Tell the community what you’re looking for

This app literally JUST launched and it’s available to students of Babson, BU, and Northeastern. This means that for my fellow seniors—this app is going rule your life—selling your furniture when you graduate just became a breeze, and you’re going to be walking into the real world with some extra cash in your pocket.

For me in particular, I’m most excited about the services section because believe it or not, I rock at keeping things  orderly and clean, excluding my own bedroom, and I’d be happy to offer that service to others who also share this predicament. This also means I’ll be able to afford more than a Goldfish and wine diet for my remaining semesters, which would be a major step up in my quality of life.

You can learn more and stay tuned for updates on the app by visiting their site, or following them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

BU