The best ways to beat stress at BU

Namasté, Terriers

School is starting soon and you know that right after the short honeymoon phase of being back, stress will kick in. Not to worry. We have you covered!

Here’s a list of things you can do to handle stress like no one’s business:

Eat healthy. Pizza is a veggie, right? And don’t forget to take an apple so you don’t get hangry later in the day.

Manage your time and use your planner. You don’t want to miss any party this year!

Do some relaxation exercises. Go for a shopping session on Newbury Street and every little thing is gonna be alright.

Take a yoga class. Guys who are serious about sports take yoga for a nice stretching session. Find that class and feel inspired.

Reconnect with nature. BU’s beach is a great place to chill and get a tan before the fall arrives. After that, you can go for a nice walk at the Boston Public Garden.

Smile and laugh. Cultivate your sense of humor, girl.

Practice a sport. Go jogging by the Charles River. The view early in the morning is gorgeous, and the light is perfect for your snapchat selfies. #Workit

Get more sleep. Remember we talked about that foam mattress cover? Yeah, go get it!

Hang out with your friends. Break the BU bubble and go explore Cambridge! Great coffee shops, nice restaurants, cute guys, shopping… did I mention cute guys?

Keep a stress diary. Not a burn book. That is so high school. Focus on positivity.

Learn to say no. Sometimes you do need a good night sleep on a Saturday night.

Try meditation. It’s not easy, but it’s so worth it. Download a meditation app and just give it a try.

Drink lemon water in the morning. Your belly will be happy with you, so you will be happy too.

Make your bed. I know is annoying, but it makes a huge difference. When you come back to your room it will feel more inviting. Mom will be proud.

Hydrate. Splurge on a cool BU water bottle and take it with you everywhere.

Treat yo’ self. Choose one day of the week to give yourself a little something, something. Do it with your friends!

Know that there will be some days that are harder, than others and it’s OK to ask for help. Take a deep breath and make time to take care of yourself. Positive attitudes create great days. Have an awesome year!

BU