Every reason BU is the best college on earth

BU more like BAE U

Forewarning dear readers, there are a lot of pictures of food are going to come up. I’m no “foodie” but I really like to eat. Follow me along this trail of freedom called “Comm Ave”, and why it is one of the greatest places on earth.

The campus eats

Raising Canes is located right on the edge of West Campus, and all I can say is that I’m smitten with their chicken. In my first weeks of college, I visited this little palace once a week. I soon realized that the freshman 15 was an uphill battle.

When I was too lazy to walk 20ft to the dining hall I could call Dominos and have it delivered straight to my dorm. Not only did they deliver (practically at any hour) but they also accepted convenience points.

The surrounding campus eats

Sunset Cantina is the home of endless margaritas, and incredible, filling, crispy nachos. Sunset is home to the best Nachos in America and these incredible eats are across the street from CGS and just minutes away from Central.

Limoo Tea Bar is located down the street from T. Anthony’s Pizzeria and has bubble tea of almost every flavor at decent prices.

One word: Maramon

For the celebration of Marathon Monday, all classes are canceled but the campus has never been so alive. BBQs, Darties, and sestivities usually start at 6am, and go throughout the entire evening. Whether you go to watch the marathon, or you practically run a marathon throughout Allston, there will be a lot of running.

Freshman year me didn’t make it through

The North End

Whether you are a Modern or Mikes fan you can never go wrong with a trip to the North End for cannolis and mouthwatering Italian food. All the restaurants are delicious hidden gems full of handmade pasta and breadsticks. The North End is honestly better than the classic Lady and the Tramp thumbnail of them sharing a plate of pasta.

Newbury Street

Newbury Street is about a 10-15 minute walk from East campus or two T-stops from East campus as well. Newbury Street is home to incredible coffee shops, Georgetown Cupcakes, restaurants, and places to shop. You could spend hours coffee hopping from spot to spot or spend money going from shop to shop.

School Spirit is contagious

West campus is home to our student-athletes and a vast amount of Terrier pride. Hockey games at Agganis Arena are a staple in everyone’s schedule. Whether your favorite sport is hockey, soccer, field hockey, lacrosse or basketball we have it all.

Sports fans of any kind can quench their thirst for competition all in one place.

Beantown is just beautiful

Every fall Comm Ave greets their students back to campus with a breathtaking welcome banner. You truly can’t beat Boston in the fall.

Discounted tickets

Fenway Park is about a 10-minute walk from East campus, and any BU student can receive discounted Red Sox tickets during the season! Spending the evening eating peanuts and cracker jacks is an ideal way to spend time with friends.

Boston Pride

BU is dripping with Boston pride, and why shouldn’t it be? It is one of the greatest places on earth.

BU