Dear high school seniors, this is why you should commit to BU

In case you weren’t convinced already

There are many reasons to join us at Boston University.

Here are just a few.

If numbers matter to you

We’re ranked number 41 in the United States and number 32 for global universities.

Who doesn’t love Rhett?

If you want to be boring and be an eagle, that’s fine, but while there are hundreds of eagle mascots in the US, there is only one Rhett.

We have some of the top ranked programs in the US

BU’s journalism program is number five in the country, according to USA Today; the film and television program was ranked as number twelve by The Hollywood Reporter; Bloomberg Business Week named our Questrom school number 25 for its undergraduate business program, just to name a few.

BU Hockey

Our hockey team is one of the best in the country and hundreds of BU students pack Aggainis Arena at every home game. The Dog Pound, aka cheering squad, even organizes trips to away games if you want to join.

We have extracurriculars for days

Want to do stand up? We have it. Bubble soccer? Yup, we have that, too. Do you love writing? You can write for anything, from The Tab to the Bunion, Spoon University to the Daily Free Press. Are you an international student? We have groups where you can meet other students from your country of origin. There are dozens of community service groups, social justice groups, fraternities and sororities, along with things like Coffee and Convo, a weekly discussion on various issues from around the world. There’s even have a film society where you just watch movies (and can get you into some early showings, too).

Boston

Do I have to say anything else? We are right in the middle of Boston, so we have all the opportunities Boston can offer. Everything from the MFA (which is only a 15-20 minute walk), the Boston Public Library, Quincy Market and the North End, just to name a few. Our location is also excellent for any internships or jobs you want while at Boston U.

You can have this as your view if you live in Warren

Free stuff

Organizations love us. New app companies love us. Boston loves us. One month in, you’ll have ten pairs of sunglasses and headphones and frisbees and t-shirts and you won’t know what to do with them all. Also, free Ben and Jerry’s. Who doesn’t love free ice cream?

Overall, Boston University has endless opportunities. The career center helps you create your resume, cover letter, and gives you tips for interviews and internships. Additionally, BU has a huge alumni network and alumni are always there to help.

BU