These students are about to see Star Wars

How long will it take before they start crying?

The first public showing for Star Wars: The Force Awakens is tonight and there’s already a line.

Some BU students were able to get tickets and here’s what is going through their minds.

Neal, Freshman, Film and TV

What color lightsaber would you choose?

“I want a black lightsaber, not a black light, but like a shadow slashing through the air.”

Ryan, Freshman, Chemistry

Who’s your favorite character?

“Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader because of his character progression. That’s a lie – I have way too many favorites.”

What color lightsaber would you choose?

“Purple.”

Sophia, Freshman, Communications

Who’s your favorite character?

“Han Solo cause he’s a sassy guy.”

Sanjeev, Freshman, Film and TV

How excited are you?

“Very excited. Very very excited. I’m really want to see what happens to some of the best characters in science fiction history and meeting new ones.”

Who’s your favorite character or characters?

“Darth Vader and Captain Rex. Captain Rex is a character that not many people know, which shows how much I love Star Wars.”

Patrick, Freshman, Film and TV

Why are you excited?

“Because Harry Potter was such an inspiration as a child, I watched Star Wars after reading the Harry Potter books, and the magic was still there. It was a really good childhood inspiration, but then I found out how sh*tty the prequels were when I got older. I realized the prequels were really bad and it was disappointing that Star Wars would end on a bad note. Now we are seeing people who care about Star Wars, like JJ Abrams, who is clearly a fan, want to make it great again. He did so well with Star Trek and a lot of other movies I love. He cares about characters and about the story, and now we are getting people clear headed about it take over, avoiding past mistakes, and adding what George Lucas couldn’t. I feel like this is going to be done right.”

Amelia, Freshman, Advertising

Why are you excited?

“I’m excited to see how the age differences effect Han Solo, Leia, and Chewbacca, along with other characters.”

BU