West Coast to West Campus: These LA girls live in BU’s most stylish dorm

Their dorm is the Beyonce of all dorms

Stepping into any college dorm is often unpleasant. You walk in and are saddened by the dull walls, the uncleanliness, and the overall aesthetic of the place.

Sure, people try to decorate their rooms to give it some pizzazz. But these girls legit killed the game of dorm decorating.

Meet Shira Levin (19, COM) and Julia Safir (18, Film & TV).

Shira (Left) and Julia (right) sitting in their beautiful room

Both from the LA area, Levin and Safir spent their entire summer planning their dorm. With a little help from their moms and dads, these girls set up their room and single handedly earned the crown for best dorm on campus.

Simply amazing

Believe me, never have I ever seen a room like this. My room looks like crap compared to theirs, and yes, I am extremely jealous. Their room is the Beyonce of all dorms. A lot of effort went into this room and you can definitely tell these girls are proud of their planning and execution.

when your room is on fleek>>

What individual aspect of the style of your room did you contribute?

Julia: The tinsel and prints definitely. My mom actually helped make the tinsel!

Shira: The fur was my thing, and the patterns too, like with the curtains.

How long did it take you to complete decorating?

Julia: It took us three days to finish it all

Shira: We live on a handicap floor so the arrangement of the furniture was initially set up differently. It took a lot of time and effort to just move the furniture around.

Julia’s desk

What were your inspirations?

Julia: Cupcakes and Cashmere, Sugar Paper, mainly LA style

Shira: Just California in general with an LA vibe and California Girl style

Where did you purchase your décor?

Both: Z Gallery, West Elm, Pottery Barn Teen, The Container Store, and some homemade items as well

Shira’s desk

Do you plan on changing up the decorations?

Julia: When Christmas time gets closer we’re definitely going to put up more twinkle lights and stockings for our friends and us.

Shira: Yeah, we’ll definitely have fun with decorating and having our friends involved with our decoration. The shape of the room really allows us to have a social environment, so it’ll be fun to have little holiday get-togethers.

Oh, i’ll stay awhile. this room is amazing

What is your advice for people who want to amp up their dorm décor?

Julia: I think it’s definitely all about the accents. Stick to neutral colors and then pick a fun accent like a fur or other patterned fabric.

Shira: You should really start by maintaining a clean room. When it’s clean you can do so much more with it.

Patterns on patterns on patterns

While you stare at these pictures in envy, you gotta hand it to these ladies.  They did an amazing job.  Endless praise!

BU