Jimmy Fallon came to Boston to receive the Elmer Award

And paraded around the city in a chariot

The Harvard Lampoon awarded Jimmy Fallon with the Elmer Award for Excellence in Humor on Saturday. Past recipients include Jay Leno and Robin Williams.

Fallon was paraded around Harvard Square in a purple and gold chariot. He was met by Hashtag the Panda, a jester who was referred to as his “dad,” and the Harvard Lampoon staff.

Lots of people came to watch the parade and are big fans of the Tonight Show host.

Emily, Biology (left)

“I enjoy watching his shows at the end of long, stressful day. I like his lip sync battles: they are legendary.”

Lexi, Journalism (right)

“He looks great in a Roman chariot.”

Hannah, Wellesley College (left)

“He is hilarious. I was first introduced to him in fever pitch. I think he’s really accesible to the millennials.”

Sam, Wellesley College (right)

“I think he’s cute in an adorable, endearing way. History of rap is on point. the games he has with his guests are really fun. The hashtags are awesome too.”

In addition to the Elmer Award, Jimmy was given a check for 85 cents and a fake Harvard diploma with Jimmy Kimmel’s name on it. The funniest part about the night was watching Harvard students attempt to roast Jimmy Fallon.

BU