What do you wish you knew before coming to BU?

‘I wish I knew that the BU Beach isn’t actually a beach’

Whether it’s tips for studying, social life, city life or just on how to survive BU in general, these terriers have your back.

If you’re a freshman, or even a prospective terrier looking into what BU has to offer, here’s some helpful insight on what your fellow BU students have to say about their time on Comm. Ave.

Jillian Lattimore, 18, Freshman, Undecided

“I wish I knew that there would be a lot of reading in college.  Everyone says there’s a lot and I never took them seriously…but it’s serious.”

Ally Stern, 19, Sophomore, Biomedical Engineering

“I wish I knew that the campus is actually a lot longer than you would think…”

Lisa, 20, Junior, Psychology and Film

“I wish I knew how many required classes I had to take before I could start having classes that I actually enjoyed and wanted to take.”

John Huang, 21, Senior, Operations and Marketing

“I wish I had a greater idea of where to live on campus and that there were better descriptions of housing.”

Alexa Vazquez, 20, Junior, Journalism

“I wish I would have known a little more about clubs and student activities before coming on campus as a freshman.”

Melany Arevalo, 20, Junior, Chemistry

“I wish I knew more about time management because I’ve come to realize it’s good to push yourself, but sleep is also really important.”

Tiffany Wu, 19, Sophomore, Biomedical Engineering

“I wish I knew that the BU Beach isn’t actually a beach.”

Shreyans Kothari, 18, Freshman, Economics

“I wish I was more aware that events happen every day on campus.  There are so many every day, but it’s hard to find out about them.”

Jiafeng Lu, 19, Sophomore, Undecided

“I wish I knew how bad the winter gets…it’s horrible.”

Christian Sanchez, 19, Freshman, Management

“I wish I knew that people here would be very open about their lives, especially when it comes to activities they partake in.”

Robert Conkey, 21, Senior, Mechanical Engineering

“I wish someone told me to live in West my freshman year.”

BU