Brunch: It’s not just breakfast, it’s a lifestyle

No betch at brunch can resist a man in his Nantucket Red chubbies

If you are a student living in Beantown, chances are you’ve had the pleasure of experiencing Sunday brunch.

So? It’s just breakfast. What’s the big deal?

Well, it’s not just breakfast.

There’s a whole culture associated with Sunday brunching in Boston, comprised of business professionals, university students, and betches wearing Raybans and fuck off faces

On spontaneous or special occasions, I’ll hit up a high-end brunch spot with my friends. Birthday? Brunch to that. Job promotion? Brunch to that. Made it to all of your 9am’s this week? Brunch to that.

But in my opinion, the best brunches are the unplanned ones. There’s nothing better than going to a great party Saturday night and leaving to post-game with your closest friends.

I weirdly love waking up hungover with all of them. There’s something about suffering through it together that’s a bonding experience in itself. You’re all laying there in this groggy-dead state, and someone asks the magic six letter question: Brunch?

As if it’s even a question.

BU biddies Cassie Feinberg, Fia Maredia, Lindsay Jablonski and Kate Maguaran show off their trendy brunch attire

The word triggers an immediate second wind. I hop in the shower & wash away last night’s sins while mentally planning my outfit. Sunday brunch attire is like a costume masking the savage partier you were just hours earlier. I am always humbled by my ability to recover after a night like that, and look around at my friends thinking, “Damn guys, we clean up well”.

For guys, typical brunch attire consists of button-downs, blazers, dark jeans, khakis, and Sperry Top-Siders. Extra points if they’re wearing Nantucket Red. No betch at brunch can resist a man in his Nantucket Red chubbies.

For girls, brunch attire can vary, but the best way to describe it is Newbury Street attire, AKA anything that looks cute and trendy. My go-to brunch outfit is a sundress, aviator sunglasses, and wedges.

BU bros Leon Sim, Zachary Cordelli, Christopher Collins, David Laclé and Payne Alexander display men’s brunch fashion while enjoying mimosas at Deep Ellum in Allston.

Nobody understands why brunch is always a guaranteed good time, but it is. When the Prosecco is flowing, the conversation simultaneously flows with it. Nothing is left off the table: common topics include reflections on last night’s debauchery, complaints about a shitty roommate, and how #blessed we are to be able to treat ourselves to Sunday Brunch. It doesn’t end there though.

By noon, your hangover has been replaced with a toasty buzz, the sun is beaming down on you through the windows, and you’re surrounded by great company. What more could you ask for?

BU babe Lupe Jacobson making the most out of her bottomless mimosas

Somewhere in between your first Bloody and your fourth mimosa, you are so deeply absorbed with the people in front of you & great conversation that you forget the whole point of going to brunch: the actual meal. With that steaming hot plate of eggs benny coming towards you, you suddenly feel like this is it, that this is the meaning of life.

Good food and good company are the two most important things in this world.

So, if you want to discover the meaning of life, or come close to it, go to Sunday brunch in Boston. You won’t regret it.

BU betches boston brunch boston brunch boston university brunch style