The Ratty’s new makeover was totally worth every penny and made all of the food taste amazing and healthy

The most significant changes to the Ratty we’ve seen so far

It’s been a long and cold break—hours, days, weeks spent without a single morsel of the Ratty’s yummy glop or delicious mush. But the wait has been worth it a hundred times over because Brown has blessed us with a whole new, freshly revamped Ratty 2.0, a true holiday present.

And with these new changes, the University has once again confirmed our belief that they know how to spend our money as efficiently as possible. Here we recap the most significant changes we’ve witnessed.

A waste disposal upgrade

New placement for the waste and tableware disposal bins and drink dispensers sponsored by the feng shui research department at Brown.

Paying just got way more awesome

New cardswipers!

Our menus have been shot straight into the 21st century

Tablets to tell us what type of delectable drivel we’re being served that day (which is absolutely necessary because our generation can no longer read off paper—only screens).

Bella Italia! A new pizza bar

A pizza bar featuring the usual world-class pizza. In fact, there’s been much debate over how whether the new lighting has improved the taste of the pizza. I certainly think so!

Damn…look at that salad bar

A new salad bar. The new display of fresh veggies behind the bar more than makes up for the fact that they consistently lack caesar, my favorite dressing!

Our walls are better tasting than ever

This fresh coat of paint on the walls really improves the food quality and variety!

The tables seem to have our favourite feature gone

And of course, certifiably less sticky tables.

They’ve really outdone themselves this time. Well done Brown!

Brown University