Brown is the eighth best college in America, says Forbes

We beat out UPenn, Columbia, and Cornell

Forbes just released their list of America’s 100 Top Colleges, and Brown sailed into the top ten at #8.

Standing just behind Harvard, Yale, and MIT, Brown’s commitment to research and our unique ability to concentrate in whatever we would like without the restrictive requirements that are common at other institutions sets this university from the rest.

Forbes also lists Brown as being #8 in Top Private Colleges, #6 in Top Research Institutions, and #6 in Colleges in the Northeast.

No surprise, as Brown boasts some notable alumni, including Tracee Ellis Ross, Emma Watson, Ted Turner, and John Krasinski, among countless others.

Brown is also known for its bountiful entrepreneurial community, which allows students to brainstorm with each other to develop new viable products and businesses.  No wonder Forbes lists us as the #7 Most Entrepreneurial School in the Country.

For students, being at this university means that we have access to the many names that come to campus to speak to and interact with students.  This past year alone, Brown hosted Junot Diaz, Viola Davis, Robert de Niro, Jodie Foster, and Jane Goodall, among others.

Student and staff diversity is an quality Brown has shown to actively work towards, and it is meaningful that current students have proven to be the forces of change within this institution.  With more than half of the student body identifying as non-white, Brown continues to work for more people of color to be hired as professors and staff.

Our student activism is what makes us the #1 university in the Ivy League, and #7 in the Top 25 American Institutions with students who want to change the worldnot ‘coddled elites.’

Student retention rate remains to be one of the highest in the nation with 98% of students returning to the university after the first year, and 96% of students graduating with their class.  On top of that, Forbes lists Brown again as being the 14th school with the most ‘Grateful Grads.’

I mean, who can blame us? Just more reasons to be proud to be a Bear.

Brown University