Everything to look forward to on 4/20, besides the obvious

It’s not just about the green

Spring Weekend is over, finals are in full swing, and it seems like Brown’s premiere week of partying and exciting activities is over.  Fear not, there are plenty of events, highlighted by the “holiday” of 4/20 coming up on Wednesday.

Aside from the more obvious purpose of 4/20, we have a list of various events happening on campus that will be sure worth a visit. As the semester begins to dwindle down (we only have about three weeks until the start of finals period!), let’s take advantage of the nice weather and enjoy every minute of it.

IFF and Paramount Pictures present: ‘Everybody Wants Some!!’

Coming from the director of critically acclaimed film ‘Boyhood’ and ‘Dazed and Confused,’ Richard Linklater is back with another highly anticipated film, ‘Everybody Wants Some!!’.  The Ivy Film Festival will be partnering Paramount Pictures to provide a free screening of the film for the Brown community.

The film will be screened at Avon Cinema on Thayer Street.  Doors open at 6pm and the screening will start at 6:30pm.  Check out the Facebook event for more details about the movie and the event.

Tickets are available here, and get them quickly before they run out.

Check out the trailer below:

Denim Workshop hosted by Fashion @ Brown

As a part of the Brown Fashion Week series, Fashion @ Brown has planned numerous events and activities to satisfy all of your creative desires.

Beginnong April 18th, there will be events on and off campus throughout the week, starting with an event at Madewell at the Providence Place Mall on Monday, a fashion panel on Tuesday, a screening on Friday, and a discussion on Sunday.

On Thursday April 21st, there will be a fashion show taking place at the Granoff Center Studio 1 showcasing the collections of Brown students.  The clothing and accessories will be modeled by students, so come support your friends at this fun event.  Find out more information about the runway show here.

On 4/20, F@B will host a Denim Workshop where students can come in for segments of thirty minutes to DIY some old denim to make accessories or to change up the style of your our clothes.  Check out the link for the event, and sign up before spots are filled up.

The Archive of Gestures

Another event will be held at the Granoff Center presented by the Photographic Archives Research Group and the Pembroke Center at Brown.

The event will entail exhibitions and discussions featuring works of Farah Saleh (Palestine) and Arkadi Zaides (Israel), who are independent choreographers.  Both Saleh and Zaides’ work is primarily focused on the exploration of using the body as a resource and means to display oppression and resistance.  The event will showcase installations from the artists as they explore the use of the body as an archive.

Check out the Facebook page, and learn more about it.

4/20 Pot (of Herbs) Giveaway

Interested in celebrating 4/20 with a different shade of green?  Check out this event hosted by the Brown Sustainable Food Initiative, which will be giving away pots of herbs in honor of Earth Week.

Your chance to get your hands on some fresh delicious herbs will take place on Wriston Quad on from 5pm to 7pm.

The pot(s) will be given out on a first-come, first-serve basis, so get there early.

Spring Weekend may be over, but the summer is just around the corner, so take advantage of every cool activity Brown has to offer before school is out.

Brown University