Everything you can look forward to during spring at Brown

Post Spring Break is the absolute best time to be here

Whether you are lounging on pristine white-sand beaches or catching up on much-needed sleep, there’s a common feeling of dread as classes are scheduled to resume this coming Monday.

It seems as if the next month before our beloved summer break will be filled with all-nighters in the Rock and endless exams and papers.

But we are prepared with a schedule of exciting events on campus that you will not want to miss throughout this month. Get your calendar ready, and let spring begin at Brown.

Ivy Film Festival 2016 at Brown (April 5 – April 12)

The Ivy Film Festival is the space for talented student filmmakers, screenwriters, and artists to showcase their passions for the public to see. Held annually at Brown, the IVFF is the largest student-run film festival in the world. The festival is known for hosting various renown keynote speakers, advanced screenings, holding panel discussions, among other events. This year is no different.

IVFF 2016 will be highlighted with keynote speaker, Trey Edward Shults, the director of Krisha.

There will also be a panel discussion facilitated by our very own Cristina Paxson. The panel will be led by Robert de NiroMegan Fox Kelly, and Perri Peltz.

Jodie Foster will also be on Brown’s campus to talk about being a woman in Hollywood, her time at Yale, and to interact with students in a moderated discussion.

Be on the lookout for more events and get your hands on limited tickets here.

Spring Weekend (April 15 – April 17)

Be prepared for Brown’s biggest weekend as the names of Fetty Wap, Tinashe, Tink, Mac DeMarco, Thundercat, among other artists will be gracing the Main Green with a weekend of non-stop partying and music. Get your hands on some Spring Weekend tanks, hats, and fanny packs, and get ready for some unorganized chaos.

4/20 (April 20)

The date is self-explanatory. Keep your windows open.

Lounging around Providence (everyday)

In the sunshine Providence transforms into the beautiful chill city that it is. Put down your books, go to India Point Park and get tanning!

Commencement (May 29th)

To our graduating seniors, you all are almost done.  #SeniorSpring

We only have until May 24th until Summer officially starts, let’s not forget to enjoy every second of it!

Brown University