Providence’s hidden lunch spots

Get hungry and explore

Whether you’re looking for a hot new lunch spot or a place to get some work done, these cafes are a great stop. Each is sure to be distinctly delicious and offers a selection of breakfast and lunch foods. Venture to all five shops and make your way through some of Providence’s greatest food finds.

White Electric Coffee

If you’re looking for a quick (and filling) meal, head to White Electric Café. Try one of their fresh sandwiches, salads or pastries. My personal favorite is their bagel sandwiches. They even offer gluten free bread.

Bagel Sandwich from White Electric Café: Toasted everything bagel with cream cheese, sprouts, cucumber and avocado.

Instagram courtesy of @annabellalella

Jolly Roger Cafe

Down on South Main Street is a great sandwich shop called Jolly Roger’s Café. Choose from one of their sandwiches or build your own. You can also pick a couple of sides to compliment your lunch.

Small Point Cafe

Instagram courtesy of @_courtneyjuliet

Cozy up to a cup of coffee and get some work done in this café’s comfy chairs and booths. Try a yogurt parfait with granola for breakfast, or one of their fresh salads for lunch. It’s also a great spot to grab coffee while shopping around downtown Providence.

Instagram courtesy of @livwagz

Dave’s Coffee Co.

This café is the perfect place to write a paper or catch up on some reading. The bench seating provides plenty of space to spread out your work, and the bar seating has a great view of South Main. They also offer a selection of monstrous muffins and cookies, as well as a variety of coffees and teas to keep you caffeinated.

Seven Stars Bakery

Many Brown students recognize the decadent pastries and hearty breads baked in Seven Stars Bakery. Two delicious bites are especially worth noting. If you’re looking for something sweet try their gooey and delicious sticky buns. If you’re in the mood for a hardier meal, order a slice of toast with jam.

Instagram courtesy of @ncustod

Instagram courtesy of @ncustod

For all you chefs, pick up some of their pizza dough and cook your very own pizza.

Get hungry and explore the culinary livelihood of Providence. You might even find more hidden gems along the way.

Brown University