The best drunk eats of Thayer

Equalize that liquor to carb ratio

As we wander through the dimly-lit campus at 2am, returning from some late night partying, the bright lights and overwhelming smell of deep-fried goodness draws us to Thayer Street.

There, we begin our mission to equalize the ratio of liquor to water to carb.

The Tab stopped into some of Brown’s favorite late-night eateries to find the best menu items.

Mike’s Calzones 

Located next to the Bagel Gourmet Ole (good for those morning-after glutinous indulgences), Mike’s Calzones is the place to to fulfill all of our Italian desires.

Best sellers at Mike’s include the Chicken Parmesan Calzone, the BBQ Chicken Calzone and the Chicken Shawarma Wrap.  According to Mike himself, the eatery is hard at work right before 1am to prepare pre-made calzones and wraps for the mass of students running in right before the 2am closing time.

East Side Pockets 

A few steps down from Mike’s, we hit another great late night eatery.  Serving up Mediterranean favorites from falafel to some to-die-for gyro, East Side Pockets sees a growing line of hungry college students nearing closing at 2am.

Late night favorites include the Falafel, Chicken Kabob, or Gyro wraps that are prepared before the rush and lined up for students to grab and go.

La Crêperie 

OK, technically La Crêperie is not exactly on Thayer, but it’s right off into Fons Alley, and this sweet spot was definitely worth mention.

Known for their sweet and savory crepes, waffles, and smoothies, students flock in at the prime hours between 1 and 2am to indulge in an order of sugar and fruit filled goodness.

Baja’s 

Craving a heaping burrito bowl, taco, or salad filled with a mixture of meats, cheeses and sauces? Head out to Baja’s TexMex, a student favorite and the ultimate source for fire-grilled heaven. It’s not Chipotle, but some may say it’s even better.

Antonio’s 

What better way to end a wild night than with a slice of pizza in our hands?

Unable to finish the trek to Andrews to catch some good old campus pie, students can stop into Antonio’s for the same greasy late-night eat to fuel up before continuing on their midnight adventures.

Jo’s 

Jo’s is the place to go for those of us in need of using that last swipe on the 20/week meal plan — or for those of us who want to indulge in another meal of campus deep-fried meats and starchy treats.

Open until 2am, students arrive in herds to revel in the campus delicacy of the spicy-with and a side of fries or onion rings.

And there you have it: Treat-yo-self.

Brown University