The Snake Guy of Thayer Street

No, he doesn’t speak Parseltongue

‘Twas a dark and stormy evening, when three unsuspecting Brown students braved the creatures of the night on the long trek to Emwool, their humble abode.

Alas, they encountered an unexpected spectacle: the mysterious Snake Guy of Thayer Street.

The mysterious Snake Guy of Thayer street is easily recognizable by, well, the extremely large snake draped across his shoulders. The Snake Guy is actually a reptile enthusiast, and is the proud owner of multiple cold blooded pets. (Do not be alarmed. He has trained most of them himself.) The snake he often goes out walking with is named Vanilla, and she has quite a story.

Apparently, the Snake Guy, also an animal rights activist, rescued her from her previous owners who severely mistreated her. When he first got her, she was covered in third degree burns, and he nursed her back to health, forging their strong bond of trust. Amazing.

This beautiful creature may be touched free of charge but there is a five dollar fee if you wish to drape her across you.

P.S. If you hear the Snake Guy whisper while stroking Vanilla (no Harry Potter fans, he’s not speaking Parseltongue, unfortunately), it is because he can feel her getting agitated/threatened and is trying to calm her down. Use this knowledge at your own discretion.

Brown University