The most Brown things this week

From midterm drudgery to student activism

It’s been a crazy week for Brunonians, from the air getting colder and Movember ‘staches getting longer, to the spotlight on campus racism growing stronger.

Post mid-semester struggles

The second wave of midterms are tough for everyone, and there’s nothing’s worse than your favorite, mid-term sweatpants unexpectedly turning into capris in the wash.

After all, wasn’t washing them after wearing them five days in a row supposed to be a good decision?

Speaking of trust issues…

You probably put those emails in your trash before opening them, but you have to admit it’s nice to know that every day, when you wake up, Morning Mail is there. Thank you, Morning Mail, for your dependability throughout all this hectic college madness.

We’re famous

ABC’s Black-ish aired an episode, titled “Charlie In Charge,” on November 11th in which Brown alumna, Tracee Ellis Ross, had a blast from the past. Ross’ character, Rainbow, revisited the campus with her daughter and husband.

Click here for a short clip.

On a more serious note…

If you didn’t know that this week was a crucial week for students of color not only at the University of Missouri, but also at college campuses all over the country, including Brown, you’ve been living under a rock. Thursday, Brown students came together “in an effort to stand in solidarity with students at the University of Missouri and all over the nation.”

If you missed the BlackOut or the teach-in, you seriously missed out. Although it was an incredible day, it won’t be the last. So keep your ears open and listen to what your peers have to say.

And from Paris

Brown University posted on its Facebook page that all Brown students in Paris during Friday’s devastating attacks are safe.

We’re glad to hear that Brown students are unharmed. The Tab is also thinking of all those involved.

Brown University