Here’s what went down at DAP’s Goodbye For Never anniversary party

Brown’s very own producer-turned-rapper

DAP is a classically trained pianist-turned-producer-turned-rapper whose influences range from The Beatles and MoTown to Kanye West and Kendrick Lamar.

Born in Lagos, Nigeria and having lived in London for eight years, his musical style is reminiscent of the sounds and melodies of these two vibrant cities.

After attending high school in London, he took a gap year and went to Berklee College of Music for two semesters (nbd) before coming to Brown where he is concentrating in Classics and Computer Music.

Goodbye For Never is his fourth mixtape (did I mention he produced all the songs? No? Yeah he did), which he released as a sequel to the mixtape he made after his time in Berklee, Goodbye For Now.

This mixtape, which was released last year, had its anniversary party this weekend in a basement filled with many fans, hands-up and singing along to his songs.

His performance was as electrifying as it was this time last year where he took over the crowd in Aurora in downtown Providence.

DAP is currently working on his next project, and put out the two-part single HEAV7N featuring Providence rapper NICE earlier this year.

Brown University