Brown warns students to stay safe on Halloween after Prospect Street stabbing

A university employee was stabbed in the face on Sunday night

Brown’s Department of Public Safety has asked students to remain on their guard after the violent mugging of a Brown University contractor this weekend.

On Sunday night at around 9.45pm, Christopher George was stabbed in the face on the corner of Prospect Street and Meeting Street by two unidentified males wearing Halloween masks.

The two men split open his face before taking his cell phone and fleeing in a dark colored SUV.

The attack comes just two days after another robbery near campus on Pratt Street where a Brown student was approached by a masked gun man demanding for his wallet.

The Department of Public Safety has asked that students be vigilant especially running up to Halloween when pranks on pedestrians become more common.

Students can help contribute to the safety of the campus by reporting suspicious vehicles such as:

-Vehicles driving erratically at excessive speeds
-Vehicles parked or idling with occupants that appear to be watching pedestrians
-Vehicles with occupants yelling obscenities or throwing objects at pedestrians
-Vehicles that appear to be circling an area

When walking alone especially at night please ensure to put all valuables away and out of sight. Make use of resources such as On Call and Safe Walk so that you do not have to be alone or at the very least you can use apps such as Find my Friends and Find my iPhone so people can always know where you are.

Anyone with information about either of these crimes is encouraged to contact Providence Police.

Brown University