An insider’s guide to study spots at Brown

…in case you want to seem knowledgeable about doing work in spite of your never having been productive once

The Science Library Basement

We all know and love the Sci Li basement. Pros include comfy chairs, lots of desk space, and tons of people who want to be there even less than you. Cons: the constant bustling of people refusing to get work done can cause lots of background noise. The zero decibels sign is false advertising.

The John Hay Library

Ever wanted to hear the sound of a bird chirping eight blocks away? Hit up the John Hay. Be warned: flip flops will make every person there glare at you as you awkwardly try to minimize the clip-clops you make as you walk through the stunning study spot.

Andrews Commons

If you’re a hungry-hungry Brown student in need of a cookie slice or some pho to make you feel better about the problem set you have due in three hours, check out Andrews. There’s a quiet study room upstairs featuring a printer and enough calories to get you through your work.

The Faunce Underground

If you’re studying in the underground nestled below the land of less-good Blue Room coffee, congratulations, you are a hipster. It’s dark, full of people who look hipper than you, drinking single origin coffees out of mason jars. Cool factor: 10/10

The Blue Room

Who hasn’t studied here? It’s right on the main green, with huge tables for you to lay out all the work you’ve procrastinated until now.

Nelson Fitness Center Lobby

Don’t work out? Now you honestly get to tell people you spent hours at the Nelson if you take advantage of their couches you will literally sink into when you sit down. Features lots of good-looking athletes flaunting their “straight-from morning-lift” bodies.

The Rockefeller Library

Last but not least, the Rock. It’s been there since the beginning of time for generations of Brown students to suffer in. Pros include big windows that have a cool view of the downtown and quiet study rooms.

Brown University