Of course, BC increases tuition cost for next year

Welcome, Class of 2020

For the 2016-2017 academic year, the Board of Trustees has set the undergraduate tuition at $50,480. This is part of a 3.65% increases in tuition, fees, as well as room and board.

But before you start harassing FAFSA, BC also upgraded in the amount of financial aid they provide.

This brings the overall cost of attendance to $65,114.

Boston College said:  “To maintain the University’s commitment to providing access to students from diverse socio-economic backgrounds, the trustees voted to increase need-based undergraduate financial aid by 4.1 percent to $114 million.”

BC remains one of the only 19 private universities in the U.S. that is need-blind in admissions.

The full announcement said: “more than 66 percent of Boston College undergraduates receive financial aid, with the average need-based financial aid package projected to reach $40,000 this year”.

Provost and Dean of Faculties David Quigley state “Boston College continues to invest in strategic academic priorities while maintaining our commitment to need-blind admissions and meeting the full demonstrated need of all admitted students”.

But don’t worry, BC is in great company. According to the College Board, there was a national increase in the average cost to attend four-year private universities for the 2015-2016 academic year, at 3.6 percent.

Boston College