What happened to all the snow?

When you don’t know if you should be happy or concerned about this weather…

There is no denying that the weather this spring semester has definitely rid BC students of the seasonal depression we all seem to develop around this time of the year.

When Boston winter hits, BC students take hibernation very seriously: Res runs are no more (even walks to the Plex tend to disappear), Canada Goose jackets infiltrate campus, the option of taking the Million Dollar Stairs to class is not even considered, and frackets flood every Walsh party.

Remember this?

This year appears to be defying all odds with record-breaking temperatures of 60 degrees in the middle of February.

The question running through my head every time I step outside my dorm and strip off my winter coat is should we be happy or concerned about this weather? People could argue for hours about global warming, but I can almost guarantee that there is not one student on this campus who misses the daily snowfall and below-freezing temperatures from the previous years.

Walking to class is no longer a workout treading through the snow while simultaneously trying to prevent yourself from blowing away: 

Squad Res runs are still in full force

And campus strolls with no sweaters and iced coffee is the key to success

To say the least, this weather has us all feeling some type of way. In thinking of this fabulous winter, we all hope to have “anotha one” just like it.

Boston College