Here’s what I’ll miss about BC when I go abroad

Obviously Ana from Eagles made the list

Studying abroad for a semester is something I have wanted to do since the day I learned that it was even a possibility.

Now that my days in the beautiful US of A are numbered, it’s starting to hit me that while I’m ecstatic, there are plenty of things that I will miss while I am gone.

Marathon Monday 

Marathon Monday is by far one of my favorite days of the year.  While it is possible that it will be a hot and beautiful day, it is equally likely to be a freezing and raining one, and somehow that in and of itself adds an element of fun. I can think of very few things that are better than spending the day cheering on people with athletic abilities far superior to my own, wearing matching tank tops, and being surrounded by friends.

Ana from the Eagles Line

I’ve had quite a few sandwiches in my day, but nothing tops a sandwich made by Ana.  She has perfected the art of sandwich making like no other human being has and I do not believe that it will be possible to find her equal, no matter what country I go to. (Maria from Eagles also makes this list).

The Mods

As ridiculous as this one may sound, I will, in fact, miss the Mods.  What’s better than being squeezed into a small room filled with sweaty people that you may or may not know?  As an upperclassmen, more often than not I know the people hosting a party, but there are still occasions when I blindly follow friends to Mods where I know absolutely no one and feel like a lost freshman.  The uncertainty of the entire situation can be extremely fun, awkward, and memorable.

Modstock

Modstock is especially great because it’s a fun and energetic way to close out the year. The buzz around campus at this time of the year can only be described as upbeat as the snow finally starts to melt, the sun begins to come back, and loud, pounding music resonates throughout lower campus.  I’m going to miss celebrating the end of another successful year with my fellow Eagles and selfishly hope that they don’t get anyone too awesome to perform while I’m away.

“Family Dinners”

Family dinners in Lower with all of my friends is a more sentimental event that I will miss.  The nights when all of my friends come together for dinner and catch up on each other’s lives always makes me feel better because it reminds me that we are all going through similar struggles, but also similar highs.  Being able to share these times with my friends means the world to me which is why I’m hoping to bring this tradition with me to the land down under.

Boston College