We asked freshmen who just took Tresch’s Econ final how they were coping

The most traumatic two hours of your BC career

There are many terrifying experiences at Boston College. The housing process. The Kirkwood Tickler. Not wearing makeup to Lower. Walking up the Million Dollar Stairs.

But nothing is quite as terrifying as your first round of finals – especially if you’re taking Tresch’s Econ final.

The tough, tenured prof is know for his three-exam semester, where your final grade can make or break that fragile freshman GPA.

We talked to Tresch students as they walked out of their final exam, wondering:

1. How shell-shocked are you, on a scale of 1 – 10?
  2. Describe the test in one word.
  3. Did you final grade just go down?

Freshman Economics majors Jack McCarthy and Patrick Toppin

These guys found the testing experience “surprising and a blessing.” On a scale from 1-10, they’re only a two on the shellshocked level.

Chris Russo, freshman, finance

How shellshocked are you a scale of 1-10? “Four.”

The testing experience was “A Christmas gift.”

Hannah Merrill, freshman, undeclared

Hannah described the testing experience as “Not as bad as it was made out to be.” She said it was only a four.

Jack Betcher, freshman

Jack was a seven, but didn’t think his grade went down. To summarize, he said: “Multiple choice.”

Lindsay Coleman, freshman

Lindsay described the testing experience as “Frustrating.”

How shellshocked are you on a scale from one to ten? “Seven.”

Freshman JQ and Leo Shi, Econ and Finance, respectively

These BC guys found the test “tricky” – and have tipped the scales to a six (moderately traumatized).

Alex D’Agostino, sophomore

Alex thought the test was “pretty fair,” yet thinks his grade may have gone down a little. He’s low on the scale at a three.

Tim Brennan, Freshman

The test was “confusing” and his grade “definitely went down.” Tim was prepared for this, though, – he’s only at a four on the scale of 1-10.

Abbey Evans, Junior

Abbey was right in the middle at a five. While she doesn’t think her grade went down, the test was still “kinda hard.”

Tully Horne, Freshman

Tully found the test to be easier than he anticipated – and he’s no more than a three on a scale from one to very surprised.

Boston College