Thanksgiving tables from Eagles around the country

“I am thankful for my family, Tom [Brady] and Bill [Belichick].”

We gathered some pictures of BC students’ Thanksgiving tables and asked them: What are you thankful for? And what are some treasured family traditions?

Gabriela Nastasi, Junior, Communications

“Family traditions…Christmas music on throughout the house all day on Thanksgiving because Thanksgiving is really just our Christmas pre-game.”

Sheila Hill, Junior, Elementary Ed. and Communication

“I’m thankful for my huge family and how close we all are. My mom is one of 9 kids and there are 30 grandkids.”

James Walsh, Junior, Communication

“We don’t have many traditions but I am thankful for my family and my upbringing…and the plex.”

Gabriella Candelieri, Junior, Communication 

“I’m thankful for my huge crazy Italian family. There is never a dull moment during our noisy holiday celebrations.”

Andrew Flynn, Junior, Communication

“Raft ups. I am thankful for raft ups. And definitely Baileys on the rocks. In the past my family and I would eat at my grandma’s house who lived right off campus. We used to walk down to campus after dinner and sneak on to the practice field on Shea and play football.”

Rachel Serko, Junior, Communication 

“We usually go to the Macy’s Day Parade in the morning and then drive home and cook all day and make everything homemade and my dad deep fries a turkey and we all eat together.”

Ryan Moore, Junior, Economics

“I am thankful for my dog, my family, my friends, and the leftovers to continue the midnight turkey sandwich tradition.”

Lindsey Reder, Junior, Management & Leadership

“Everyone goes around the table and says what they are thankful for! Thankful for my family and friends for sure.”

Carly Daniel, Senior

“I am thankful for my health. We usually go to my high school’s football game.”

Niki Rodriguez, Junior, Biology

“We always go for a family run in the morning and we eat prime rib instead of turkey because we like our steak. We always say grace before we eat, too. I’m thankful that I grew up across the street from my cousins because I’m constantly surrounded by my family. Growing up with each other has made us all so much closer because we go through it all together as one big family would.”

Selina Correa, Junior, English

“Thankful for my Italian mother and her amazing cooking skills.”

Molly McCabe, Sophomore, CSOM

“I’m thankful that I got to have two dinners! My family celebrated yesterday because my brother had work and I got to celebrate with Chris’s [my boyfriend’s] family today.”

Mary Kate O’Neill, Junior, Applied Psych and Human Development

“Thankful all my family was together in Arizona this Thanksgiving and no traditions really.”

Will Maguire, Junior, Polisci and History

“I am thankful for my family, Tom [Brady] and Bill [Belichick]”

Meghan McCarthy, Junior, Communication

“I am thankful to be surrounded by all my loved ones!”

Julia Barron, Sophomore, Communication

“I am thankful to have great family and friends. Every year my family hosts Thanksgiving on Martha’s Vineyard and people from both my mom’s and dad’s sides come!”

Anders Bill, Junior, Economics

We have mandatory nap time between dinner and dessert and of course, thankful for my family and friends.”

Gobble, gobble!

Boston College national-us thanksgiving