BC girls bare their souls and show us their planners

We also asked a guy but his was less neat

Coffee is in high demand from the dining halls and the Chocolate Bar. Sleep is sparse on campus. Finals are on their way. Panic is setting in.

With the crazy amount of work that lies ahead in the upcoming weeks, we as need some way to try to keep track of all we have to get done. It’s no surprise then so many of us heavily count on planners to help us do this.

The Tab sat down with some of our fellow type-A BC students to ask what their thoughts are on finals season, and to see just how reliant they all are on their planners for keeping their lives together.

Addie Diradoorian, Junior, Polisci Major and American Studies minor

What’s an exam at BC that caught you by surprise? American Political Thought midterm.

What is the exam or project that you’re most dreading in the upcoming weeks? Islam and Liberal Democracy final.

Describe group projects in one word. They come at the worst times (I know that’s not one word).

Describe the Boston College community during final season in one word. Caffeinated.

On a scale from 1-10, how much is your planner your life? Nine.

How much of your life is in your planner? If something’s not in there, I’ll probably forget.

Katie Tisinger, Class of 2018, Marketing and Information Systems Major

What’s an exam at BC that caught you by surprise? Programming. You could use your notes so I didn’t really study and it was horrible.

What is the exam or project that you’re most dreading in the upcoming weeks? I have a Financial Accounting project.

Describe group projects in one word. I don’t mind them but they’re hard to coordinate, so I guess stressful.

Describe the Boston College community during final season in one word. Frantic.

On a scale from 1-10, how much is your planner your life? Eight.

Mike Kotsopoulos, Class of 2017, Philosophy and Sociology Major

What’s an exam at BC that caught you by surprise? Chem II exams that I failed out of freshman year.

What is the exam or project that you’re most dreading in the upcoming weeks? Death and Dying. I have to do a 30 question, 30 minute exam for my final.

Describe group projects in one word. Hell.

Describe the Boston College community during final season in one word. It’s like a zoo. I feel like everyone’s in their own habitat and you just don’t want to see people.

On a scale from 1-10, how much is your planner your life? 4, because I usually forget it at my apartment. I use it but I always forget it. I’m always two weeks behind everything in my planner.

How much of your life is in your planner? Is it just an academic planner? It has some social stuff. I’m such a scatterbrain so meetings and stuff I have to do on the weekend, I try to fit that in there.

Sarah Lambert, Class of 2018, Music Major

What’s an exam at BC that caught you by surprise? My Music of the World test last Friday.

What is the exam or project that you’re most dreading in the upcoming weeks? My Music of the World paper.

Describe group projects in one word. Frustrating.

Describe the Boston College community during final season in one word. Just stressful.

How much of your life is in your planner? I’d say it’s pretty much my life.

Allie Johnson, Class of 2018, Finance and Business Analytics Major, Environmental Studies Minor

What’s an exam at BC that caught you by surprise? Probably my Macroeconomics exam. That was really hard and I wasn’t expecting it.

What is the exam or project that you’re most dreading in the upcoming weeks? Probably Macro again or Financial Accounting.

Describe group projects in one word. Group.

Describe the Boston College community during final season in one word. I guess intense.

On a scale from 1-10, how much is your planner your life? Two.

How much of your life is in your planner? It’s just my academic life.

Anna Grabovac, Class of 2018, Math and Linguistics Major

What’s an exam at BC that caught you by surprise? I guess Math.

What is the exam or project that you’re most dreading in the upcoming weeks? Probably Linear Algebra.

Describe group projects in one word. Enjoyable.

Describe the Boston College community during final season in one word. Intense

On a scale from 1-10, how much is your planner your life? 10.

How much of your life is in your planner? Is it just an academic planner? Yes.

Elizabeth Whitney, Class of 2019, Undeclared

What’s an exam at BC that caught you by surprise? The only surprise I can think of is that there’s been a couple of quizzes in Statistics where I think I know what I’m doing and then I’m like, “What is this madness?”

What is the exam or project that you’re most dreading in the upcoming weeks? I think I’m probably most dreading Statistics [for finals]. Statistics is probably the [final] I’m most worried about, and it’s my lowest grade by far.

Describe group projects in one word. Disconnected.

Describe the Boston College community during final season in one word. Stress on all sides. I feel like that’s what happens probably for the most part.

On a scale from 1-10, how much is your planner your life? Three.

How much of your life is in your planner? I use it mainly just to try to not forget stuff, but most of the time I just end up checking the syllabus when I don’t have my computer with me. It’s flexible.

Shanzi Mahmood, Class of 2018, Marketing and Communications Major

What’s an exam at BC that caught you by surprise? The fact that I have a fourth Geoscience exam and I thought there were only three…

What is the exam or project that you’re most dreading in the upcoming weeks? My Globalization final and essay.

Describe group projects in one word. Dreadful.

Describe the Boston College community during final season in one word. Caffeinated.

On a scale from 1-10, how much is your planner your life? 8.5.

How much of your life is in your planner? Like 50 percent because it’s only my school stuff.

Kady Sanderson, Class of 2019, Applied Psychology Major

What’s an exam at BC that caught you by surprise? I had a Child Growth & Development test and it was not at all what I was expecting.

What is the exam or project that you’re most dreading in the upcoming weeks? I have a research paper due the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.

Describe group projects in one word. I’d say unbalanced.

Describe the Boston College community during final season in one word. Probably stressed I’m assuming.

On a scale from 1-10, how much is your planner your life? I’d say not that much, like a three.

How much of your life is in your planner? I use it on weeks when I’m really busy, but when I’m not I don’t.

Is it just an academic planner? Yes, but it sometimes includes social if like my friends are coming home or something.

Monica Thorne, Class of 2018, Biochemistry Major

What’s an exam at BC that caught you by surprise? I guess my last Computer Science exam was a little harder than I expected. I’m just in Comp Sci 1.

What is the exam or project that you’re most dreading in the upcoming weeks? I have a research paper for my Cultural Diversity class that I’d rather do anything than write.

Describe group projects in one word. Terrible.

Describe the Boston College community during final season in one word. Stressed.

On a scale from 1-10, how much is your planner your life? Like a seven probably.

How much of your life is in your planner? I guess it’s really only an assignment planner. Sometimes I’ll put meetings in there but it’s mostly an assignment planner, not an event planner.

Mary McCartney, Class of 2019, Theater Major, Arabic Minor

What’s an exam at BC that caught you by surprise? I haven’t had that many exams, but my Islamic Civ take-home exam.

What is the exam or project that you’re most dreading in the upcoming weeks? Probably my Arabic final.

Describe group projects in one word. Stressful.

Describe the Boston College community during final season in one word. Probably also stressful.

On a scale from 1-10, how much is your planner your life? Like a six.

How much of your life is in your planner? It’s like two classes that I use my planner for.

Boston College