Exclusive: Res sales of Rubinoff soar

Eagles on the warpath

The scale of BC’s reliance on Rubinoff vodka has been revealed by the liquor store that fuels campus revelry.

The Tab can exclusively report that Reservoir Wines & Spirits sold 355 handles of the college’s favorite budget spirit last week – the equivalent of 14,201 shots.

The shop’s owner says last weekend saw bigger than usual Rubinoff sales, probably due to the excitement of the Friday night game.

On average, the store, known as Res, sells 300 handles (11,834 shots) of Rubinoff per week.

At five drinks each, that’s nearly enough to fuel the night of every senior girl in the class of 2016.

Can’t get more bottom shelf than that

Though BC is only a few miles from Sam Adams and Harpoon Brewery, campus taste in alcohol could not be farther apart.

Rubinoff, or Rubi as it is affectionately nicknamed, is the Boston College student’s drink of choice, whether warm and communal at a mod, or mixed with Odwalla from Lower.

At only $13.99 a handle, the price is unbeatable, as is the selection of flavors.

The New England drink is available in dozens of flavors, including watermelon, lemonade, root beer float, mango, whipped cream and salted caramel.

But Res confirmed raspberry is the most popular flavor on campus at no surprise to BC students.

The brand’s Twitter bio describes itself as “the world’s top vodka brand” (it has 1,238 followers), though an entry on Urban Dictionary calls it “paint thinner” and says it is “the catalyst for many nights of blank memories, random injuries and just all round pure shame.”

TG for the imported cheeses

Demonstrating usage of Rubinoff in a sentence, the site has a made-up drinker saying: “Dude, last week you drank so much Ruby, you got sent to hospital with a hole in your throat and rectal bleeding.”

Nevertheless, the drink persists as BC’s main player from Thursday to Sunday.

These figures only represent the sales of a single vodka brand from a single liquor store in the area. But if you’re currently worrying about the state of your liver, don’t, because:

Boston College