We asked people in the library how they’re procrastinating

Y’all sure are creative

Procrastination. It’s amazing how much this word is involved in my daily life as a college student. In fact, I’m writing this to distract myself from doing homework.

In honor of procrastination, I decided to go to the library and ask some students about how they procrastinate on studying for their finals. Hopefully I didn’t distract anyone.

So, how do you procrastinate? 

“Well, I watch a lot of Netflix – sometimes even the night before the exam. Or sometimes when studying, I intentionally distract myself by going to the bathroom and unpacking my backpack slowly.”

Are you for or against procrastination?

“I’m both for and against it, because when I’m doing it, I’m enjoying it at the time. But when I’m against it, it’s because of all the stress I’ve built up because of my procrastination. Then I do it all over again.”

Do you procrastinate?

“I wouldn’t say I procrastinate, I just have a lot to do. I know I can do my homework. I think procrastination is a good thing, like there’s good and bad. Good procrastination is when you give yourself time to do the deed. Bad procrastination is when you are panicking afterwards and stressed out.”

What’s your favorite way of procrastinating?

“Well, let’s say I have an assignment due on a Tuesday. I’ll procrastinate by doing work that’s due on a Thursday. It’s really weird. I’m not sure why I do it.

So, I really haven’t decided whether procrastination is a necessary evil. Could it be a result of having done so much work that you can afford to procrastinate? Or is that the procrastination speaking?

Whatever, I”ll think about it later.

Auburn University