The most annoying things about Auburn

Read this while you wait 20 minutes in the Chick-fil-A line

Auburn University is the loveliest village on the plains, but it has its small inconveniences. As college students, we love complaining and finding things to complain about. Nothing brings people together more than hating the same things.

The concourse and parking are obviously the absolute worst, but here are a few annoying Auburn problems you may not always think of.

The little wall in front of ABP

This wall is pointless and annoying. This is literally just a random pile of bricks. You either have to walk on top of it, somehow stretch your legs across it, or go all the way around it. It’s even worse when you almost fall trying to get over it and there are tables of people watching you.  Why is it there? We may never know.

Tripping on the bricks that stick up

You know the ones. Why are there bricks loose on all the walkways? (Admit it, you have thought about stealing one.) This is an actual hazard. And when you trip over them, everyone stares at you like you’re an idiot. Especially when you are on the concourse and trying to walk quickly past the chaos.

The elevator sign in the Haley Center

You know, the one that makes you take the stairs. It doesn’t help the stairs in the Haley Center are so steep it makes you feel like you are climbing a mountain. Going to the second floor isn’t bad, but by the time you get to the third floor you are completely out of breath.

Tip: Just take the elevator when no one is watching.

Chick-fil-A

Where do I even begin? The line is always unbearably long and choosing which line to stand in is a game you almost always lose. They don’t sell all the menu items and most of them are unhealthy. The ice cream machine is always “broken” whenever you want ice cream the most. They always run out of food or don’t have enough made. And can someone tell me why they don’t take gift cards?

The weather

It can be 80 degrees in the afternoon and somehow be 40 degrees at night. This inevitably leads to tornadoes which lead to chaos. If you live in the dorms, you have to sit in the hallway with a million people. If you live in an apartment, you have to either pray you don’t get blown away or drive through the monsoon to the library.

But somehow Auburn is always spared. Also, walking to class in the rain is actually the worst. Investing in an umbrella is a must. When it’s not storming, it is usually around 100 degrees. Backpack sweat is a serious issue.

Cover at the bars for people over 21

We are broke college students. We spend all of our money on alcohol and food. What is the point of having to pay for cover if you are going to be spending a ton of money on drinks? Point. Blank. Period.

But at the end of the day, we all absolutely love Auburn University. Our campus is the most beautiful campus in the U.S. We love tailgating and cheering on our football team. We know how to have fun, whether it be downtown or at a house party. And because of these things, we believe in Auburn and love it. War Eagle!

Auburn University