We asked about your favorite Toomer’s Corner memories

‘I originally planned on going to Alabama, but Toomer’s changed my mind’

Auburn has so many traditions, but the one nearest to our hearts is experiencing Toomer’s Corner. Simply known as Toomer’s, the spot is without a doubt a staple in the Auburn community.

Toomer’s claims its name from Toomer’s Drug Store, the shop at the corner of South College Street and East Magnolia Avenue famous for its lemonade and ice cream. From the daily grind to the nightlife, this area is always packed with people.

That being said, it’s easy for one to take for granted its value as a landmark, so I asked Auburn students about their favorite experiences at Toomer’s.

Zach, junior, Organismal Biology

“Shouted WAR EAGLE at an Alabama fan.”

Sean, junior, Organismal Biology

“I had ice cream and lemonade with some friends.”

Stephanie, junior, Hotel and Restaurant Management

“Rolling Toomer’s Oaks after our first home football game during my freshman year.”

Mackenzie, freshman, Industrial Design

“My junior year of high school, I came and got Toomer’s lemonade and went shopping at the boutiques. That’s when I fell in love with Auburn.”

Dittie, sophomore, Public Relations

“I originally planned on going to the University of Alabama, but then my mother took me to Toomer’s Corner for the first time. That experience changed my mind for the better.”

Sam, junior, International Business and Spanish

“My experience was rolling Toomer’s Corner for the first time at seven years old.”

Zach, junior, Economics

“Going to a bar. Enjoying the nightlife really meshed me into the college atmosphere.”

Chris, junior, Political Science

“My dad and I went to get a Toomer’s lemonade. Then we went and bought us some hats.”

Kelsey, sophomore, Mechanical Engineering

“My family and I went and rolled Toomer’s Corner after a home football win. It made me feel included in the community and I was only six.”

Nick, junior, Finance

“I went to Mellow Mushroom with my family. Good times.”

Auburn University