What growing up in San Diego was really like

I live where you vacation

Growing up in San Diego, California, I grew accustomed to a life of leisure.  My days were jam packed with extremely difficult and intolerable tasks such as going to the beach in the breezy seventy-five degree climate, getting a smoothie or a fresh fish taco (depending on my mood) and that’s it. Then I Rinsed. Then I Repeated. Sounds tough right?

Life is good…??☀️ #republicofencinitas #CardiffbytheSea #leucadia #encinitas #ilovewherewelive #burritosaremyheaven

A photo posted by Republic Of Encinitas® (@republicofencinitas) on Nov 18, 2015 at 1:40pm PST

The food

The food in San Diego is easily the best thing about it. There is something for everyone and although I will admit it can get pricey the level of delicious is worth it. The Mexican food is heaven in your mouth and I find myself craving chips and salsa from the local joints at all times of the day. Breakfast consists of a massive breakfast burrito piled high with chorizo, egg, potatoes and all the other fixings you can imagine.

Freshness you can taste.® #quality #burger

A photo posted by In-N-Out Burger (@innout) on Jan 16, 2015 at 10:31am PST

Lunch and dinner can be anything from homemade tamales with a perfect red sauce, a California burrito (that’s a burrito filled with carne asada, guacamole, french fries, cabbage, salsa fresca, and shredded cheese) or a breakfast burrito again really. The smoothie places are to die for, with fresh ingredients from local farmers you can’t beat. Along with Acai bowls that are the most popular and delicous superfood you’ve ever had. Trumping all of these amazing local eateries ever so famous post beach food joint, In N Out where you can get a massive burger animal style with that special sauce on almost any corner… need I say more?

❤️ summer nights ❤️ Sick shot @martinkane ✌?️ #republicofencinitas #encinitas #leucadia #cardiffbythesea #ilovewherewelive

A photo posted by Republic Of Encinitas® (@republicofencinitas) on Aug 4, 2016 at 11:39am PDT

The location

The heart of downtown San Diego puts you approximately 50 minutes away from the Mexico border, so you are a short drive away from your street taco and Mexican culture filled wildest dreams. The heart of downtown is also approximately a three and a half hour drive to Big Bear Lake, home to some of the best skiing and snowboarding runs local to us. (When we’re not in a drought of course.) Along with Mexico and Big Bear, San diego is around two hours away from a offroad paradise, Ocotillo Wells, where you can ATV, motorcycle, or dunebuggy-ing  for miles. Not to mention the famous beaches that line our coast such as Swammi’s, Mission Beach, La Jolla, and Moonlight beach that our city is most well known for. San Diego really has something for everyone, just ask anyone.

The Coaster coming through at sunset – perfection. ?? Sick shot @acain1! ? #republicofencinitas #cardiffbythesea #encinitas #leucadia #sunset

A photo posted by Republic Of Encinitas® (@republicofencinitas) on Nov 26, 2014 at 3:39pm PST

The weather

San Diegans can’t deny that we are quite possibly the most spoiled people in the United States perhaps even the world. With a daily high of 75 degrees and the rare cloud our weather allows for a beach day everyday. The best part about our spoiled nature is when it drops anywhere above or below 75 degrees. Anywhere below and its parkas, beanies, ugg boots, and hot tea while anywhere above that is just pure hell and sheer agony.

The people

The main thing that sets San Diego apart from other hometowns, isn’t just the amazing food or activities, it’s the people you meet on a daily basis. It’s is a place filled with diversity. As you travel the coast or if you venture further inland, you will meet people from all walks of life. I could stand in line at Target and be sandwiched between a hippie wearing no shoes, a skirt, and a scarf with dreadlocks down to the floor and a business man with a briefcase who speaks louder than his cologne into his earpiece about his marketing deal in New York.
San Diego is a place of opportunity, its open atmosphere allows for self realization and a place where being who you are, is simply who you are.

University of Arizona