Everything I want to say to my graduating big

You truly are a role model and a mom away from Mom

Dear Big,

Congratulations on graduating. It seems like just yesterday we were sporting Finding Nemo themed big and little reveal shirts. Now you’re decorating your grad cap and talking about grad school, and I’ve come to the realization that next year is going to be really quiet without you here. I want to thank you for the little things you have done for me over the course of the past two years.

Thank you for welcoming me into our house when I didn’t know anyone. I turned to you when I didn’t know what we were supposed to wear when walking into the house or what chapter attire was. Thank you for showing me the ropes and introducing me to your friends when I was too shy to meet girls in my own PC.

Thank you for laughing at me when I said something without thinking. For letting me borrow a shirt when it was laundry day, for telling me when an outfit didn’t look right but also for telling me when I looked flawless — read that in a Beyoncé voice. When other big and little duos were going out on weekends I knew I could count on you for a quiet movie or dinner date.

Thank you for letting me pester you and your boyfriend for help with my projects

For always letting me interview you for my classes and essays and providing two other people I could ask the same questions to. Thank you for picking me up when the weather was too hot to walk to the house and driving me back after chapter.

Most of all thank you for being the person I could turn to and talk to no matter what mood or situation I was in. You truly are a role model and a mom away from Mom. It’s going to be strange not being able to go to your room and eat lunch or do my makeup, but I am so excited to hear about what you’re up to next. Savor the next few days, every walk to class, lunch at the house, and silly moment with your sisters. Good Luck, you will accomplish amazing things and I look forward to hearing all of them. Dallas is gaining one amazing girl.

First a Wildcat, one of the finest people I know, and forever sisters!

It seems like just yesterday we were sporting Finding Nemo themed Big and Little reveal shirts

University of Arizona