Where UofA students should drink each day of the week

Bar hop with the best of them

Ever heard of a college population having a literal bar schedule for the week? Well, University of Arizona has one and it is engraved in the mind of every student age 21 and up that likes to party. We have been known to be one of the biggest party schools in the nation. So whatever an ASU student may tell you about their school and how they “party,” it’s a boldfaced lie. This is how to do college right.

Mondays: The Auld Dubliner (AKA “The Dub”)

Karaoke is a great attraction here for students. You can belt throwback songs for days and while throwing back shots. The Dub is also known for the signature Harry Potter shots. Not sure what that is? Order one and sparks will fly. Ten points to The Dub!

Tuesdays: Maloney’s

Maloney’s is the hat trick with three bars in one. Yes, you heard me correctly. $2 drinks until 12 you say? And you get free entry with a CatCard — $10 for those ASU kids and other non-UofA people. EDM music in one bar, country music at the other, and rap in the third. Get in line early because it is a wild wait on Tuesdays because this club is goin’ up, on a Tuesday!

Wednesdays: The Union

If you’re a big whiskey drinker, this is the place for you. Not many people know about this great deal, but downtown at the Union, they serve great whiskey drinks for prices that would blow your mind.

Thursdays: The Hut

Tiki Tiki! It’s hard to miss the gigantic Easter Island statue that stands at the entrance to the bar. An outside and inside bar, there is so much to do. GIANT Jenga playing blocks, a sandpit for games, pool tables, and inside a Karaoke stage. Sometimes local bands from the University of Arizona will play there as well.

Fridays: Fuku Sushi and then Dirt Bags

Fish-Piss is not as gross as it sounds. It’s essentially a big, tasty Fishbowl with 15 straws sticking out of it. We call it “Fishbowl Races” where the first one to finish their entire fishbowl wins and the losers have to pitch in for the next  round of drinks. Fuku Fridays are great for early night pregaming leading up to the famous Dirt Bags, University of Arizona’s lovely dive bar. All I have to say about this place is that I hope you enjoy singing Sweet Caroline at the top of your lungs.

Saturday: HiFi

Bottle Service and shot girls — need I say more? If you want to feel like a baller in the desert, HiFi is the place for you. It’s a great excuse to dress up as if you were going to the strip in Vegas, living the High Life at HiFi.

Sunday:

Go grab some bottomless mimosas or a few beers to ease that hangover out of your body. Honestly, anywhere is free game.

So get your calendar out, folks, and start filling in all the hot spots to be this week. For all of you soon-to-be legal drinkers, get excited because it only gets better from here.

University of Arizona