Do Wildcats prefer sexy time music or silence?

Students confess which enhances performance in bed

Lights on or off? Set the mood a little more with some tunes perhaps?

Sex is different for people whether it be from aroma or not giving two sh*ts what is going on. There are two types of people: the intimate ones and the ones that are just trying to get laid and move on to the next.

I’ve asked a few people what they thought about music on during sex and man was I on the floor laughing at most of these.

L.I., Junior

Do you prefer having sex to music? Why or why not?

It depends. If it’s a spontaneous hook up, then I don’t want to kill the mood by getting up and turning some music on. However, if I’m trying to set the mood, then that’s a whole different story.

What type of music do you bang to? Any particular artist?

I like slower music to have sex to. I would say that my go-to guy would be J. Cole or music similar to him.

B.G., Senior

I’m indifferent but I guess it’s fun at times to have sex with a beat. I guess it all just depends on the person.

Hmm, I think slower music is what I would turn on. Fifty Shades of Grey definitely had great sex music by The Weeknd.

C.M., Senior

I actually have a playlist called “Blacklight”. Does that answer your question? Ha, naw, I do prefer music during sex because it enhances my performance… I hope.

I like slower music because it is way more intimate. Mostly EDM though, that’s what my playlist is filled with. Do you want me to send it to you? *Wink*

A.B., Senior

Hell yes to music. I think it allows you to change it up according to the pace of the song. It def makes things more interesting.

Well to start I like slower music to set the mood and hopefully the playlist picks up from there. Some good R&B to grind to. My go-to artists are Chris Brown and of course, Beyonce!

B.K., Senior

Yes to music! It’s better to have sex with it on than hear the bed squeaking.

Sex to me is a workout so that means my workout playlist is comin’ on. That consists of fast paced metal music.

J.K., Sophomore

Never, never have sex with music on. Reason? Whenever I go back home and have sex with my boyfriend in his room (which is next door to his parents), the music would be way too loud and blow our cover. Awk.

A song that I would love to have sex to, if i were to choose, would be Crazy In Love by Beyonce. Reason: It’s super sexual.

S.W., Senior

Yes to music. ANYTHING is better than hearing moaning or grunting. Music puts me in the mood, if you know what I mean.

I like R&B music or rap during sex just because it has a little more or a beat. My personal pick would be Troy Lanz. You should try it out.. you may see results.

K.M., Senior

I don’t really have a preference. I mean, if the music is already on, I’ll leave it on but if it’s not then I’m not going to go out of my way to turn it on. Surprisingly though, now that I think about it, the times my boyfriend and I had music on it had an effect. It was more intimate.

I think if I were to choose an artist, it would be Miguel. I just love his voice and really sets the “sexy time” mood.

Well there you have it, folks. Inspired to play music now or are you going to stick with the beat of the headboard hitting the wall?

University of Arizona