We asked App students when it’s acceptable to start listening to Christmas music

The ‘after Halloween’ vs. ‘after Thanksgiving’ crew

Halloween has come and gone, and soon enough Christmas music will be on the radio and reruns of old Christmas movies will be taking over your favorite TV channels.

A lot of times, it seems like we kind of skip over Thanksgiving and move straight to December. But everyone has a different opinion on how early is too early to start getting into the Christmas spirit.

We asked App State students when they think it’s acceptable to start listening to Christmas music.

Rebecca, Kaylee and Paige

Rebecca: “Well, for me, I watch one Christmas movie all year long – but that’s just because it is my favorite movie – however, I believe it’s acceptable to start listening to Christmas music and watching Christmas movies at the beginning of November.”

Kaylee: “Never. Christmas music sucks. I do love Christmas movies, though. Elf should be played all year. But Christmas music is a definite no, never.”

Paige: “I have a problem when it comes to Christmas music because I listen to it all year round as well as sing it all year round. It’s my favorite holiday. But I guess it’s socially acceptable after Halloween.”

Alexis

“After Thanksgiving is over.”

Andrew and Katie

Andrew: “In my opinion, anytime after November 1st is a good time to start.”

Katie: “November 1st seems appropriate.”

Manuela (left)

“I start listening to Christmas music in August and have already watched like three movies.”

Ashley and Jessica

Ashley: “The day after Thanksgiving.”

Jessica: “The day of Thanksgiving.”

Anna

“Usually when I start buying Christmas presents, which is around the beginning of December.”

Melissa (left)

“Usually once Thanksgiving is over.”

Mags (left)

“It should be acceptable all year to be honest.”

Hannah

“I think mid-November is good, but after Thanksgiving is when you can go buckwild.”

Hayden (right)

“Start of November.”

Francine (left)

“November 1st, but I actually watch movies year round.”

Well, there you have it. There’s an array of answers and opinions. The majority think it’s appropriate after Halloween, while others think after Thanksgiving. No matter what, we can almost feel winter break in the air.

Appalachian State University