The inevitable stages of an Alabama season

First, the media doubts Alabama in pre-season

Some things are certain when it comes to Alabama football. Winning is not always a guarantee, but it’s usually expected. Along with that comes the inevitable stages of an Alabama football season.

The media doubts Alabama’s ability

The media always has a field day when it comes to Alabama football. From the end of a successful football season for the Crimson Tide, all the way until the next season starts again, all eyes always fall on Alabama. The media will doubt our ability to win another national championship. They will analyze what current players are even capable of filling positions that are empty now, due to former standout players who have been drafted. Alabama fans will never forget Colin Cowherd of ESPN. After the Tide’s loss to Ole Miss in 2015, Colin Cowherd truly believed Alabama’s dynasty was over.

In that same season Alabama went on to win its 16th National Championship. That win was sure to leave the non-believers and maybe even Colin Cowherd speechless.

Alabama wins first game convincingly

The opening opponent for Alabama has not been a walk in the park. The 2014 opening game against West Virginia started out a little worrisome for Alabama fans. At one point in the game, number two ranked Alabama was tied with an unranked West Virginia team. The Tide inevitably pulled off a win and has been doing so in a convincing matter in the past few years.

It may not be a pretty win, but the Tide will pull it off, as this is usually the start of the Tide showcasing the talent that will only progress as the season goes on. The opening game of the 2016 season perfectly encapsulates points one and two. In the lead up to the season, many people thought USC could upset Alabama. In the end, Alabama won easily, proving all the doubters wrong.

Starting off the season with a bang! #RollTide #USCvsBAMA

A photo posted by Alabama Football (@alabamafbl) on Sep 3, 2016 at 8:36pm PDT

Alabama may not show us they are National Championship worthy in their first opening game, but after the first few games of the season, I am sure they will play like a team that is deserving of yet another championship trophy.

Nick Saban being pissed off about something

Winning is second nature to Alabama. Some wins are claimed in a messy style while others are secured with a shutout. In 2015, the Tide cruised by Charleston Southern with a final score of 56-6. During a mid-week press conference before this game, Nick Saban got a little heated over the fact people were overlooking this out of conference team’s ability.

The year 2016 has proved no different. Even being up 28 points with 46 seconds left in the game against another non-conference opponent, Nick Saban still finds the time to be unsatisfied. He is always emphasizing to the media that every game Bama plays is a big game no matter who the opponent may be.

During the Arkansas game this year, the cameras caught a glimpse of the sideline that showed defensive coach Jeremy Pruitt and Saban arguing. If the Tide is winning or has claimed a victory win, no matter the matchup, there is a chance you may see Coach Saban still not pleased and looking for the next opportunity to be even more dominant. If that can even be possible.

A traditional rivalry game that is thought to be an easy win

Rivalry games come with the extra pressure to win. Putting all rankings aside, the outcome of the Alabama vs. Auburn rivalry game is one that can never be predicted. In the 2014 Iron Bowl, what was thought to be a for sure victory was stripped away from Bama in the final play of the game.

This ending to the Iron Bowl is one that will forever be in our minds. Another rival for Alabama is the good ole Tennessee Volunteers. Last year Alabama faced a 3-4 Tennessee team and only won by five points. Alabama has quite a few rivals and they always give the Tide a run for our money, and give us college football fans a great SEC showdown to watch.

Claiming a spot in the College Football Playoffs or having to settle playing in a bowl game

One thing is certain for the Crimson Tide – they will make an appearance on a bigger stage. In the past five years, Alabama has won three National Championships.

Big rings. #RollTide

A photo posted by Alabama Football (@alabamafbl) on Apr 29, 2016 at 2:04pm PDT

The Tide has also claimed one of the four spots in the College Football Playoffs every year since it was established in 2014. When Alabama claims to have a disappointing season it usually still consists of them making it to a major bowl game. Alabama has appeared in 64 bowl games dating back to 1962.

The Tide is always on the chase for some new hardware to add to the team’s growing collection. Pursuing championships is what Alabama football is known for, plus being known for their dominance in the college football world.

University of Alabama