We asked Milo Yiannopoulos why he’s planning to wear a Native American costume to Yale

This is not an April Fool

Milo Yiannopoulos, self-dubbed the most fabulous super villain on the Internet, recently announced that he’ll be coming to Yale as part of his “The Dangerous Faggot Tour”.

The gay conservative icon rose to fame after his role in #GamerGate, founded The Kernel, and is currently the technology editor for the conservative news outlet Breitbart. Although he won’t be speaking at Yale until October, he’s already stirred up controversy online, so we called him up for a sneak preview of his talk. Get ready, because his opinions on cultural appropriation, the Jack Montague case, Islam, and feminism are very controversial.

You tweeted that you’re thinking of showing up in a full Native American costume, were you joking?

No, no. I’m not joking. That’s exactly what I’m going to do.

Oh, OK.

You sound disappointed! It’s not a joke. I’m absolutely doing it.

Milo Yiannopoulos

You’ve had students protest at some other universities in America, what do you expect at Yale?

Well, if the video from last Halloween is anything to go by—that poor unsuspecting professor being marauded by morons in the quad—me showing up in full Native American costume will maybe cause their heads to explode, who knows? I mean I’m sure they’ll try to kick up a fuss, lie, bluster, panic, and claim that they feel unsafe and that their physical safety is danger. They’ll call me a racist and a number of other names under the sun. Go ahead. And the people who want, will come and hear about how cultural appropriation is total horse shit. It’s just a way for the left to call you a name and control you, and we’ll discuss things can be called cultural appropriation in history like Picasso, Mozart, and Van Gogh and Lil Wayne and all sorts of other people the left says they like. They worry a lot about cultural appropriation but have never actually read a book. They don’t know anything about cultures they’re supposedly protecting on someone else’s behalf, so I will educate them. And I’ll do so looking fabulous.

Do you have a message for any potential demonstrators who will protest your event?

Yeah: do better than the other colleges and come down with real questions. Rather than try to shout and yell and disrupt it for a few minutes, who really cares? You’re going to blow a gasket, make a mess and then you’ll be escorted out. Who cares? Come with an argument. Come with a real question. Challenge me intellectually. If you believe that cultural appropriation is a problem, that it’s racist, that people shouldn’t do it, come and explain why.

I think some people will actually try to challenge you on that.

Well, I hope so. It’s Yale, for God’s sake. If they don’t then I have no faith for the future of the American education system. If they come and just want to be disruptive, and they don’t want to present arguments and just want to do what that girl did in the video, if they just want to do that, then we’ll know that Yale is lost. I want to be challenged. I want someone to ask me a question I can’t answer. It would make a nice change.

Have you been following the case of the Yale basketball captain, Jack Montague?

I mean I feel for the guy, but unfortunately that’s what’s happening all over the country. It’s reflective of what’s happening everywhere. The progressive left has created an imbalance in power between the sexes in college where a boy’s life can be destroyed on the flimsiest of pretexts. And this guy, from what I saw of the case, this looks like a typical example of a boy who was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and got on the wrong end of an allegation. The fact that he lost his place on the team then got expelled and the rest of it shows how crazy colleges are.

The same thing happened with James Deen the porn star. He got accused of rape by one of his ex-girlfriends, somebody who is probably—from a legal point of view—the most unreliable witness you could imagine. And people started cutting ties with him merely on those allegations. Well, if we’re going to destroy people’s lives over allegations, then we can throw due process out of the window. And we no longer believe in the rule of law, we simply believe in pandemonium where people can throw allegations at each other, slander each other, destroy each other’s reputation with hearsay and accusations without basis in fact. That’s an absurd situation.

Parents are not going to send their kids to colleges that are run like that, and alumni aren’t going to donate to them either. And the one thing that administrators don’t do is listen to the concerns of students, they listen to the sound of pocketbooks closing. And when Missouri had way under the number of expected applications this year, and former students stopped donating, lo and behold Melissa Click was fired. The only thing administrations will listen to is money. Well, colleges are going to start losing a lot of money the more they pander to social justice lunacy.

You’re gay, but you’ve previously said there’s no such thing as lesbians. Can you expand on why you believe that lesbians aren’t real?

Yeah, I just think that male and female sexuality is very different. It’s clear that male homosexually has existed since Sparta and before. Lesbianism seems almost a sort of modern fashion driven by fourth wave feminism. We know that women have much more malleable sexuality. We know that women are much more likely to go between men and women in their lifetime. So it’s not unreasonable to suppose that the gulf between the sexes that is being widened by feminism is going to lead to more women having relationships with women. Well, in my book, that’s what’s creating lesbianism. I like women, I want them to be happy, and so I’d rather they weren’t lesbians. Because of course lesbians are much more likely to be obese, much more likely to be involved in domestic violence, much more likely to get into all sorts of trouble. Lesbians on the whole don’t seem very happy. They don’t report themselves as being happy. And what we know about lesbians tells us they get fat, miserable, and I would rather save women from that and encourage them to have happy and healthy relationships with men, which means taking down feminism.

And you still stand by your statement that “feminism is cancer”?

Oh, absolutely. Maybe I chose the wrong disease. Maybe I should’ve said feminism is really more like AIDS. But that just got confusing, so we went with cancer. The funny thing is that I did a poll, and 22,000 people voted. The poll wording was “Would you rather your child have (a) feminism or (b) cancer?” Cancer won by 55 percent to 45 percent.

I had people coming to me and saying “I’m a two-time cancer survivor, and I still chose cancer.” It just gives you an indication of how much fun people have with this, and it’s enjoyable to wind up the most humorless, earnest, and terrible people in the world. If I can redden the cheeks and furrow the brow of a few feminists with a silly Internet thing, then just imagine what’s going to happen when I show up on campus.

Have you heard about the controversy at Yale about one of the colleges here being named after John C. Calhoun, a big supporter of slavery in the United States?

No, I’ve missed that one. As a natural conservative, I don’t believe in rewriting history, but I do believe in the superiority of Western culture. I believe we produce the best shit. Our music is the best, our philosophy is the best, and our technology is the best. What Western civilization has created is awesome. Rewriting the history and forgetting where we came from is Orwellian and dumb. It’s exactly what liberals do. Liberals don’t know any history so it suits them to paper over it and write it out because then they don’t have to learn, and they don’t like to learn anything. So this kind of asinine rewriting of history because someone doesn’t conform to the fashions of the time is stupid. It’s stupid.

After the Brussels attacks, you said “Why are we surprised Muslims are blowing things up? That’s what they do”. So what do you have to say to the Yale students who are Muslims or from the Middle East who disagree and say that Islam is a traditionally peaceful religion and you shouldn’t be grouping all Muslims together with the terrorists?

Islam has never been a peaceful religion in its history. Christianity has had its ups and downs like most religions have, but Islam is unique among religions having never been peaceful. “The religion of peace” is an ironic joke. They can’t say it with a straight face, I’m sure. I don’t care to make much of a distinction. It’s not just ISIS that wants to throw gay people off roofs: it’s mainstream Muslim society. Many of the countries that these rich Yale students come from do precisely that. It’s in 10 or 11 Muslim countries that I could be killed for being gay. One of them is Saudi. There’s all sorts of countries in which who I am is not acceptable, and the oppression of women is widespread in Muslim culture. It’s not extremists, it’s not terrorists, it’s not ISIS, it’s mainstream Islamic culture. I don’t like it. I don’t like what they do to women and what they think about gays.

Why do you call Trump ‘daddy’?

Because it winds up liberals. People think it’s creepy, but I think it’s sweet. Everybody is Daddy to somebody. On the Internet there’s a sort of meme, where if you look up to someone you call him Daddy. So I extended that into the real world and called Trump ‘Daddy’. I wasn’t particularly attached to it until I saw how much it wound up liberals. And now I do it all the time.

Ben Carson is a Yale grad, what did you think of his campaign?

I like Ben Carson, but you can’t elect somebody to the highest office in the land who is on that much Ambien.

This interview does not reflect the beliefs of The Tab Yale. If you feel strongly about the matter message our Facebook page.

Yale University national-us