Easy makeup tutorials that practically guarantee New Year’s Eve fun

A year like this requires plenty of lipstick and glitter

2016 is finally almost over. Needless to say it has been one hell of a year, and not in a good way. So, we’re all going to be partying pretty hard to bid this year adieu, and we have to look the part. After all, NYE can get a little crazy sometimes, so it’s best to make sure your makeup is looking right. Check out these four New Year’s Eve looks to bring in 2017 with style and lots of glam.

The holiday glow

Shine like a disco ball with three layers of highlight, because why not? This is the one day in the year you can literally shine and no one will judge you. Use an oil, like argan oil, as a base for the highlight. Then, use a liquid highlight and a powder one on top to set.

The classic bombshell

Black liner, red lips, and fresh skin is the go-to for any party. You can’t go wrong with this look, especially if you use tape to make sure you get a wing that’s so sharp it could kill.

The extra af

This look is a little more difficult — and it will certainly bring nothing but attention. But New Year’s Eve is the night of being extra, so this look is perfect. Ditch the black liner for white to instantly upgrade the look and add dark lip to tie it all together.

4. The disco lid

Glitter is the color of the night. Glitter dresses, glitter shoes, glitter eyelids, glitter everything. You’ll be sure to match the disco balls and you’ll shine all through the night. Use glitter from the craft store mixed with lash glue for a cheap alternative to the glitter pigments from NYX.

Virginia Tech