Princeton, NJ might just be the best town in the country

We put other college campuses to absolute shame

The town of Princeton is a gem of New Jersey. It’s the perfect atmosphere for aspiring students and researchers in academia, but it is also a wonderful small town rich with history and culture.

As someone who grew up in Princeton, this town has a special place in my heart. I’ve lived all over the country from Los Angeles to Atlanta, but Princeton is truly incomparable. So without further ado, here is the never-ending list of things you know and love if you’ve ever lived in Princeton.

You’d know that the town came first

Despite what people think, Princeton University was actually named after the town of Princeton in honor of the community’s willingness to host the university.

If you have lived in Princeton you definitely know this – and you’re pretty proud of it too.

Einstein is our boy

Yet you still secretly love the university

Even if you didn’t go to the school, you’re still a big fan of Princeton University. There’s a high chance you know at least one person or had at least one family member go there.

You have to represent them everywhere you go!

You definitely own at least one article of Princeton apparel

Communiversity is one of the highlights of the year

Produced by the Arts Council of Princeton, Communiversity is that special time of the year where locals from Princeton and students from Princeton University come together to celebrate the town of Princeton as a whole.

At this cultural event you will find tons of delicious food, original art, one of a kind merchandise, live entertainment, and more! It’s one of New Jersey’s largest and longest running festivals.

Going all out for Communiversity!

You know at least one person at every private high school

From Hun, PDS, and Stuart all the way to Peddie, Pennington, Lawrenceville, and Blair, you know at least one person from all the local private schools.

The private school banners hanging up in a basketball gymnasium

And high school pride is a legit thing

Yes, it really does matter which school comes in first for basketball, football, lacrosse, and baseball.

We take high school rivalry to the next level.

A house divided

But all the schools are still equally GORGEOUS!

We put college campuses to absolute shame.

The Hun School looking good for their 100th reunion

It’s the best place to go shopping

Shopping ranges from your mom and pop record stores and markets all the way to designer brands like J. Crew, Kate Spade, Lily Pulitzer, and more.

Who needs to go to the mall when you can stroll down Nassau Street and find anything you could possibly need?

Princeton Record Exchange is a gold mine for unique records, old DVDs, and rare CDS

Or just hang out with friends

Infini-T Tea Cafe or Small World Coffee are choice places for catching up with your people

NYC and Philadelphia are in your backyard

Princeton is blessed to have two beautiful cities that are just a quick train ride away.

Go north up to the city and have some drinks or take a day trip to Philly and grab a cheesesteak.

Hanging out in NYC for the day

But you still get all those small town perks

The town of Princeton is a tight knit community. It feels almost impossible to walk down one of the major streets and not bump into someone you know.

It’s pretty normal to know the wait staff of your favorite local diners and the owners of the local businesses. You can also do fun activities that only small towns offer like berry picking with friends, hiking on some of the most scenic trails, or relaxing with a picnic on a battlefield.

Terhune Orchards is the best for berry picking, animal petting, and more. Plus it’s the perfect place for a fun photoshoot with friends!

And Hoagie Haven is actually heaven on earth

Does this one even need an explanation?

I sold my soul to the Phat Lady

We do brunch right

PJ’s Pancake House is home of the pancake experts. I mean, their website is literally pancakes.com

Wawa is your go to for anything and everything

Anyone from New Jersey already knows the perfection that is Wawa, but to us Princetonians, Wawa is an essential.

You definitely hung out at Woody Wu Fountain at least once

And there is a 99.9% chance you did not even know “Woody Wu Fountain” was the official name since everyone just calls it “the fountain”.

It’s pretty much the norm to get some haven and chill here. Dinner entertainment includes watching cute children play in the water and teenage boys wiping out on their skateboards.

Zodiac art currently displayed around the fountain

Did we mention how delicious the food is?

Is it possible to eat out for every meal? Because I just might do it.

Brunch, brunch, and more brunch

There’s a ruthless war over which ice cream shop is the best

It’s possible for the Halo Pub vs. Thomas Sweet feud to end friendships.

Also it’s pretty normal to see at least one new ice cream shop every summer season, but nothing can beat The Pub, Thomas, or Bent Spoon.

Look out boys, The Bent Spoon is seriously stealing my heart away

Princeton is filled with culture, history, and more!

Princeton, NJ is a historical town filled with rich culture, background, and experiences. Princeton is the home of many famous people, including Albert Einstein, Woodrow Wilson, John Nash, and more. In fact, Princeton was once the temporary capital of the United States!

Works include Revolutionary War sites, modern and classical art museums, and historical shopping districts and restaurants. Princeton also has a ton of culture due to the university atmosphere.

People from all over the world come to Princeton, bringing along with them their culture which is openly accepted in the community and rapidly integrated.

Princeton Art Museum has a huge selection, ranging from classical to modern art

And you know that it’s beautiful all year round

You get the perks of watching the cherry blossoms bloom in the spring, leaves elegantly fall in autumn, fireworks burst in the summer, and snow gently gather in the winter.

What season ISN’T beautiful in Princeton?

Overall Princeton, New Jersey is a wonderful place to grow up and experience. In fact, it is a great place to move to whether you are there to attend school, raise children, or even retire.

If you are looking for a historical small town atmosphere with city perks and an abundance of culture, Princeton is where you want to be.

Princeton University