All the best posts about not having a Commencement speaker

People are pissed but at least they have a sense of humor!

It’s a tradition for almost every college or university to have a Commencement speaker at their graduation. This is something people look forward to while in college because the person is usually famous or highly esteemed. For the Bicentennial Commencement, the University of Michigan has decided not to have a keynote speaker. In a nutshell, UM thinks the Bicentennial is too important of an occasion for just one speaker and are planning on having a video montage of staff members and alumni reading lines from previous speeches and clips of special events on campus. Students are pissed and they aren’t being quiet about it. Here are some of the funniest tweets and memes discussing the situation and proof that UM students not only are smart but funny as hell.

You know it’s bad when commencement is falling apart like a chipotle burrito…

〽 #wolverines #goblue #umich #uofm

A post shared by Wolverines Hub (@wolverineshub) on Mar 29, 2017 at 2:11pm PDT

I have my money on Schlissel but that’s just me…

〽️ #umich #uofm #goblue #wolverines

A post shared by Wolverines Hub (@wolverineshub) on Mar 24, 2017 at 9:38am PDT

Regina ends up getting hit by a bus. Is that representative of what’s going to happen with commencement? We’ll see…

How many people do you think looked this up?

And where is the FBI? #umichmemes

A post shared by UMich Memes™ (@umich_memes) on Mar 29, 2017 at 10:41am PDT

This tweet deserves more than 5 retweets…

Is it even possible to be treated the way DJ Khaled treats Asahd though? #friendshipgoals

When you get a sec Tiger get back to us…

Mike Pence or no commencement speaker… This is Ann Arbor, take a guess what students think.

It’s not just you Leo, it’s not just you…

When in doubt, blame Michigan weather. It deserves it…

Maybe if everyone begs long enough he’ll give in… didn’t that work when we were all kids?

The senior class may be upset, but at least we’ve gotten some good jokes about the situation. And who knows? Maybe Tiger Woods will come through after all.

University of Michigan