Synapsis is closing to make space for more labs

One of the most beloved eateries on campus will be shutting down

As of last year, Cornell’s dining rose to #3 Best Campus Food according to the Princeton Review. Now, like any college campus there are some places that are way better than others – certain places you suck it up and go to just because it’s the only place on campus that takes meal swipes, certain places you are a known regular at, and certain places that you just can’t live without the milkshakes (I’m looking at you Dairy Bar).

For me, one of those places I just can’t live without is closing down. Synapsis, in Weill Hall, will be closing to provide more lab and office space. Meng-Wei Hsu, the Operations Manager of the Ag Quad confirmed to The Tab that Synapsis is in fact shutting down.

That’s right, say goodbye to some of the best smoothies, grilled cheeses, and flatbreads this campus has, and say hello to more labs.

With it’s prime location for students of different majors and for pretty much any athlete who spends their time in Schoellkopf, one of the most popular eateries on Central Campus will be dearly missed. So make sure you get your fill of the delicious foods unique to Synapsis while you still can!

Hsu added that it should be regarded as a positive thing to provide more lab room where needed in the Biology Quad.

Cornell